Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Damon Gone 7/26 - 8/1/2020

Sunday July 26

Mom joined us for our own sacrament meeting.  Kaylee read a story from the friend and Doug prepared a message.  We watched the baptism videos on the girls that I had made and later in the day we watched Chris's and Damon's as well.  I couldn't find Tyler's video, but I did find his pictures, so I could make it again.  Maybe I'll do that today :)
Jenna made her Kiwico box in the afternoon.  It was a fun arcade catapult game. 


Chris and the girls had a primary zoom lesson.


We played Bang in the evening. 

We walked around the lake in the evening.  It was relatively cooler than it has been so that was nice.  The girls complain about walking and Damon and Tyler frequently give them piggie back rides.  It started to sprinkle as we left.

Monday July 27,

Mom and I went for a walk in the morning, just 3 miles this time.  I helped Damon finish packing, then we drove to the airport around 10.  Damon was pretty nervous to go, more nervous for the flight back on his own, but I think he'll be fine.  Mom said she would point things out as they went through the airport so that Damon would know where to go when we lands on his return flight.
They had to wait at the airport most of the day, before their flight and then after, waiting for Stefan's flight to land.  Then they headed to Smithfield.  Mom has a full itinerary for them all week.  I hope it doesn't burn her out.

I stopped at the store on the way home from the airport and then got back to normal life.  Laundry, cleaning, and basically doing nothing.  I kind of got into a slump after the busyness of getting ready for the baptism and having my mom here.  I guess I need to pick my next project and work on that so it gives me something productive to do.

Tuesday July 28,

We went swimming with the Shurtliffs in the morning and then they came over to play in the afternoon.  They play so well together.  It's so nice to not have to worry about the kids, they are busy and happy and having fun.  We brought the big treadmill box back inside and they have been having fun making it into a house or fort or hotel.

Chris and Tyler love to play Words with Friends.  Tyler can play on his iPod and Chris likes to play on my phone when I let him.  Chris doesn't have his own device so we made a paper version of the game.  I played a game with him and then he played one with Tyler.


The rest of the week was pretty uneventful.  Piano, a few errands.  I put up a shoe holder on the girls' closet door and cleaned up in there.  I finished reading Shift (book 2 of the Silo series).  I felt guilty finishing it since I read for a couple of hours, but the kids were playing nicely.

Doug and I found a hermit crab on one of our evening walks in the gutter.

Saturday August 1,

We did our normal cleaning and then after lunch we went to the zoo.  It had been awhile since we had gone.  We had to wear our masks and they had marked a path for a one way path through the zoo.  But that made it easier to see most everything.  They didn't have any shows and the splash pad was closed, along with the playground.  It had rained in the morning and even when we arrived so we brought our umbrellas.  But it dried out quickly and it started to get warm.  Animal highlights were the big python moving in the reptile house, the rhino being pretty active, and the sea lions barking.  The girls ran into one of their old friends from school, so that was fun for them as well. They had a fun dragon exhibit that the kids also really enjoyed. 




The kids watched a movie in the evening and Doug and I have been climbing Mt. Fuji on our treadmill. It has been broken up in to 7, 25 minute workouts.  It is very steep but it's a good workout.

No comments: