So on Wed. April 20 we met my parents in SLC and they took the boys and dropped them off at Doug's sister Wendy for the night and the next day. Then they watched them for the rest of the weekend.
Meanwhile, Doug and I had a great time by ourselves enjoying each other's company.
Our first night we spent at the Stillwater Lodge at Heber. I was lucky to see a Groupon for a night's stay here, so we were able to get it for half off. It was rainy, but it stopped long enough for us to enjoy some time in the outdoor hot tub.
Thursday: we went to Park City and got some birthday stuff for Damon and Tyler then we checked in to our hotel in SLC: the Howard Johnson. Not the fanciest place, but it was actually bigger than the one in Heber and had a King size bed.
Then we went to the SLC Temple and did a session with family names. This was my third time going the SLC Temple, I really like to see it live. Afterwords we went and ate at the Roof. This has been something I have always wanted to do. It's a bit pricey, but I thought it was worth it. the view was beautiful and they had a live pianist playing all of my favorite songs from Phantom, Les Miserables, and other classics.
Saturday: We went to a tour of Red Butte Gardens and learned a lot about Daffodils. I thought this was going to be just a general tour of the place, but it was really a detailed lecture of the 4 main types of Daffodils and at least 14 specific varieties. I will never look at Daffodils the same way again. - a side note about our trip. It really would have been more enjoyable if the weather would have been warmer. We were so cold on our garden tour, and just walking around downtown SLC. Just kind of a bummer that it was so cold, at least it didn't really rain on us.
Sunday: We went to Music and the Spoken Word at the Tabernacle. President Monson happened to be there, probably because it was Easter Sunday. It was a lovely program, with a full house.
Then we left to go to Smithfield and pick up the kids. We went to mom's church to help out, but found out that their church was almost over. I thought they had church at 11, but it was really at 9 am. So then we spent Sunday with my parents and celebrated Easter and my Dad's birthday.Monday: We just did some quick shopping in Logan. I needed some things for a wedding cake that I was doing soon, and Doug picked out some suits at Mr. Mac.
It was a great vacation. I needed the break and the quality time with Doug. I love my boys so much, but sometimes I need some away time to appreciate them more.
1 comment:
That's so fun. It's so hard to get away when you have little ones, so you have to take advantage when your baby is weaned!
Post a Comment