So it being my 30th birthday I did want something special done for my birthday - without me having to ask for it. I hinted to Doug that I would like something special. I didn't know if he was doing anything. I did see an email from my mom to him about my birthday, so I just wondered if he was helping my mom give me flowers or something.
We the first big surprise came on Friday night, I hear a knock at the door, and I'm thinking it's kind of late for someone to be stopping by. But I open the door and my parents are standing there. I was so thrilled. We hardly ever get to see family out here, so it was a real treat to have them come. They stayed for the weekend and it was so fun to have them here to play with the boys. They loved the attention.
So Tuesday comes and whoa, at 4:30 Doug comes home (he usually comes home at 6:30 or 7:00), so I ask why he's home so early. And he replies, get ready we're going out to eat in an hour. So I'm excited and go get ready. So at 5:30 the doorbell rings and I go answer it thinking it's the babysitter. Nope, big surprise, some of my best friends are there greeting my and whisking me away to a night with the girls. We went out to eat and then shopping at a local store (the only one open besides Walmart and Kmart).
Doug was so good to plan all of that, it was so fun to girl talk and spend some time together with my friends. He is such a wonderful husband. He bought me some nice things too. He got me a new bluetooth for my phone and this gorgeous picture of the Logan Temple. I love it. I'm lucky to have such a great guy. Thanks Doug.
No comments:
Post a Comment