Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Monday, May 9, 2011

Heather's Wedding

So this past weekend my cousin Heather got married and I was able to do her wedding cake. It was a long day. Christopher and I left at 8:15 and I dropped him off at my sister-in-law's in SLC at 11:00. Then I made it to the reception/dinner place at 12:00 and got about 1 hour of decorating done. Then it was time to go to the sealing at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It took a bit longer than some weddings, we were waiting on some family, and the sealer gave them lots of advice :). Anyway, I left right after they came out so I could go finish the cake. I decorated from about 3:30 - 5:30 - and the dinner was planned to start at 6:00, kind of a little too close for me. I should have left sooner - but driving just took longer than I had thought. It was a beautiful wedding and the dinner and everything was so nice. I drove back to SLC and spent the night with Eric and Dori. I was so glad I didn't have to drive home late at night.

Anyway, it was a great day. I'm so grateful for Dori for watching Christopher. Doug had Damon and Tyler for their Father's and Son's campout. They had a good time - it was a long night for Doug, but they had a blast with the other boys and built some air pressure rockets.

My Dad and I at the Temple



2 comments:

daniellejackson said...

Heather's cake looks awesome! Great job! You make beautiful cakes!! I wish I could have been at the wedding!

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

The cake turned out beautifully! I keep meaning to ask if you had pictures, I really wanted to see it! Glad you had a nice time.