Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, July 15, 2012

2 month check up

 The girls had their 2 month check up today, even though it is about a week late.  They are still on oxygen.  They were tested again last week, but their numbers weren't high enough.  But they are growing.  Jenna weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and Kaylee weighed 8 lbs 6 oz.  (so Jenna has gained 4 lbs 7 oz since birth, and Kaylee has gained 4 lbs 4 oz. about double their weight) Their weights and lengths aren't really on the growth charts yet, maybe in the 1% ile, but that is of course because they were preemies - they should catch up a bit and get more on the chart as they get older.  It's weird because the boys were always so big, like the 95 % ile. 

They are more awake now during the day and stay mostly sleepy at night.  I pump mostly and feed them bottles, nursing sometimes in the morning.  It is frustrating because if they do nurse, they usually don't get enough to be happy so then I have to give them a bottle too - so it's sometimes just easier to stick with the bottles.  I was able to find a nice Medela pump for only $45.  It is a couple of years old and I'm sure the motor is not what it used to be, but it still seems to be in pretty good shape.  I had lost my milk supply about a month ago when I tried just nursing the girls.  After a day I realized they weren't drinking enough and I stopped producing.  It took awhile, but now my supply seems to be at least sufficient right now.  (You probably don't want to hear my milk stories, but I would like to have it written down somewhere.)  I am now making about 7 oz per feeding, so roughly 49 oz per day (about 6 cups).  


Again for my records here is what a typical day is like for our family, times are an estimate:
7:00am : girls start to stir, warm up milk and feed them, pump
7:40 am : feed the boys, keep girls happy
8:00 am : shower and get ready for the day
9:00 am: dishes and whatever needs to get done, girls napping (trip to library or park)
9:45 am : warm up milk, feed girls, pump
10:30 am : play with girls and keep boys from fighting
11:30 am : lunch
12:00 noon: put Chris down for nap, quiet time for boys, time for quick nap sometimes
12:45 pm: warm up milk, feed girls, pump
1:30 pm: if girls stay asleep chance to get something down, boys play the wii
2:30 pm : snack time, Chris wakes up, boys play
3:45 pm : warm up milk, feed girls, pump
4:30 pm : make dinner, keep girls happy
5:30 pm : dinner
6:00 pm : evening play with dad, often times a movie
6:45 pm: warm up milk, feed girls, pump
7:30 pm : get boys ready for bed
9:00 pm : lights out for Damon 
9:30 pm: warm up milk, feed girls and put them to bed, pump
10:00 pm : so time to ourselves and bed for me (Doug stays up)
11:30 pm: warm up milk, feed girls
4:30 am : warm up milk, feed girls, pump

Then repeat.

Of course the girls are on that schedule exactly and sometimes they eat twice in the night.  It also seems like I have more time when I write it out like that, but there is bottle washing, laundry, cleaning, picking-up and other odds and ends to fill in the spaces.  It's a busy day, but it's doable. 

2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

I like looking at your daily schedule. I think it's good to look back on. I agree that it looks like you have more time when you write it out. I feel like that when I write out my daily schedule... but there is ALWAYS something that fills up the time.

I'm so glad you got your milk supply back up!! Way to go!

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

Whoa! You are amazing! It so fun to see pictures! They have changed a lot! I don't know if you heard, but we are having another boy! Glad to see your updates! Miss you!