On Tuesdays we walk to the Library for story time in the morning and I then I usually go grocery shopping. I bought a big box of chicken breasts since they were on a pretty good sale. So in the afternoon I cut up a lot of chicken to have in the freezer.
Wednesday Candice and I took the girls to JCPenny to get their blessing pictures taken. We left at 9:00 and dropped off the boys. We got to the store around 9:45 so we could feed them at 10:00 so they would be happy for their appointment at 10:40. The funny thing is that the store didn't open until 10, but we followed a lady in an open door. The store manager asked us if he could help us as we walked in and we said that we were there for pictures. So he escorted us to the studio. We browsed the baby clothes while we waited and found these cute outfits. It is a bit challenging to find clothes for twins. I like it when we can find something that is the same design but in different colors.
Usually I think the girls look so different, but in this shot they look more alike.
They are starting to smile now, Jenna more than Kaylee.
| Jenna |
| Kaylee |
Friday was playgroup but only one other mom came. The boys still had a good time. They like this park because it has some water jets that shoot up. We had a picnic then went home in time to feed the girls.
Saturday Doug and I were invited to a BlueGrass party. They had a live band and some great food: smoked pork, baked beans, corn on the cob, cole slaw, pork rinds, and strawberries over biscuits. It was a great last night to have a free baby-sitter. Candice was so great for these past three weeks. She would feed the girls and play with the boys and help clean and wash bottles. I hope that I can handle things on my own. I'm sure there will be lots more crying now, but we'll get through it.
So now, we made it back from church with the whole family (this is the girls' third time at church). It is hard carrying around their oxygen, we will be very excited when we are through with that. We will test them again either this week or next and pray that they will pass.
A busy week, but we were able to get a lot of good things done. Now I think I will just enjoy being home and not doing too may errands.
1 comment:
This was fun to read about. I'm so glad you've had a lot of help!! I feel so bad that your girls are still on oxygen, what a pain. We'll redouble our prayers that they pass next time.
Post a Comment