Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hole in the wall

Alright, so I debated about blogging about this, but I decided it would be good to document my faults as well as my strengths - and most of the people who read this are close family and friends and they will just hopefully smile and get a chuckle from this story. 

So the day that the photographer was going to come and take pictures of our house, I totally lost it.  I just got frustrated with a child and it was the last straw of all of the stress and tiredness that had built up inside of me.  I basically through at fit and kicked a hole in the wall.  Not the best timing.  

Doug was pretty upset at me, but was way too nice to me after a few minutes.  I cried all morning and felt terrible.  Doug was leaving to go back to Houston the next day and he really didn't have time to fix a hole in our wall.  

Thanks goodness for ward families.  I talked to two men in our ward, one is a builder, the other has been flipping houses lately, so I figured they would know what to do.  They came over on Wednesday night and patched it all up.  I painted it on Thursday during quiet time and it was ready to go on the market on Friday. :)

Yeah, I need to keep my temper and emotions in check, sorry Doug.  But now you all know I'm not perfect, but you didn't think that to begin with.  

I didn't get a picture of just the hole, here's the patch, then textured, then painted. 





2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh C'Anne. :) This just makes me smile. I love the honesty - we are all so human. It's so frustrating when you KNOW you should be better. I've been there so so so many times.

Ashley said...

You can't even tell! That's awesome! Those kinds of days are rough and I'm sorry you've been going through so much right now and being a single parent with Doug out of town! I think you're amazing!