Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Happy Birthday Christopher

Sunday was Chris's birthday, 5 year old!  He is getting so big.  I had a packed a birthday box with his presents already wrapped and it had everything I needed to make a cake (mix, oil, mixer, pan, shortening for the frosting etc).  I was grateful for a mom in the ward who actually had some leftover frosting and she let me use that, so I didn't have to make any.  We went for a Plane Fire and Rescue theme this year - it was quick and easy.  So that is what I did Saturday evening late :)


 Doug captured some fun expressions as Chris opened his presents, he was pretty excited about some of them.



 He got some more Zip track pieces, a new Skylander figure, Planes figures, and clothes from us, a rocket launcher from Grandma Datwyler, and with the money from Grandma Petersen I took Chris to the store and he bought another Skylander, another Swich 'n Go dinosaur, and a little dragon.  

Chris is a fun boy, he is starting to ask lots of questions, especially what does ___ mean?"  The other day he asked if we get to have the same name when we go up to Heaven.  I wonder what he thinks about sometimes.  He also is starting to figure out what letter words start with.  I feel bad that he didn't really get a professional preschool experience, but I think he will be ok for Kindergarten.  I'm going to look here in Spring for something.  

Chris has also gotten pretty dramatic lately too.  He will get really upset sometimes and just flip out.  I hope he grows out of this phase and can control his anger better.  I feel bad because he probably gets this from me. 

We were invited to dinner while at church and that was so nice.  It turned out to just be an older man who lives alone.  He has adult children and I’m guessing a divorced wife.  He was very enthusiastic with the kids and made a very nice meal.  Ham, baked sweet potatoes, fancy green salad, baguettes with oil and herbs to dip into, steamed cauliflower, and he made some mac and cheese for the kids.  The kids did pretty well, the girls had just woken up so they were a bit grumpy.  They started getting crazy afterwards so we didn’t stay long.  But it was a very nice welcoming gesture. We had cake when we got home (I forgot to buy ice cream as the store - silly mom). 

Happy Birthday Chris, we are lucky to have you in our home. 

No comments: