Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Second week in Texas

Our second week here was pretty good (it’s hard looking back and trying to remember).  It was pretty cold and dreary all week so I just picked up the kids at school.  I did some more organizing throughout the week and now I feel most things in the house are done except my sewing and craft stuff.  We are looking at putting in cabinets above our built-in desk, and that is where most of that will go.  

Doug and I set up the new TV, it looks nice and is plenty big.  I was a little worried the first time we watched something because the picture looked really weird, like a BBC show or something.  Doug searched around and discovered that a setting was on called ‘sit-com’ and it made the picture look funny.  So now it looks better. 

Wednesday I tried to go to play group.  I think I found where the park was, but it was so cold and no one was there.  Come to find out that they had changed the location and I hadn’t received the email, oh well.  Thursday was Relief Society.  I learned a few more names and got to visit with some moms about the area so that was good.  Also on Thursday I visited with Tyler’s school teacher and learned a bit more how the school is run here.  They are big on grades and take their academics seriously.  Tyler has team teachers, so I met with both of them, they seemed nice and said that Tyler was doing well. 

Friday I got to clean our new house for the first time.  I must say that cleaning these bathrooms, counters, and floors will be easier than in Firestone.  I do not miss my tile at all!  I still have tile floors, but they are a very large tile, so less grout to worry about. 

Saturdays are always busy.  Doug did a bunch of errands looking at blinds and buying ceiling fans, floor boards for the attic, and some more tools.  I worked in the garage a bit grabbing boxes that I thought I could fit in the kids’ closets or under beds – time to get creative with storage.  I also ran to the store real quick with Chris.  This is when he bought his birthday presents with his grandparent money.  I was basically running through Walmart to get the other things I needed.  This store is set up like the one in Vernal was, but it is hard to remember where things are. 

We had been invited over for dinner at a neighbor’s house with some other families.  We were late because our errands took so long, but it ended up being fine.  Doug probably wished that he could have stayed home working on projects, but I told him you can do projects anytime and only make friends when you are invited. J  It was a fun evening and we enjoyed getting to know some more families here.  We ended up trying out Doug’s new saw in the dark with head lamps. Lol.

Sunday I got to help in nursery.  They are working on finding a third leader for the older nursery class.  There are 17 on the role and most of them come.  I think there were 12-13 there.  It was kind of fun to be with the girls, but I don’t know if I’d want to do it every week.   It is beautiful weather right now, I think I will like the winters here.  It was 65/70 degrees; we were all hot in the car.


Wow, I think that catches me up.  This week I’ll try to go to play group.  I can also choose between going to kick-boxing, Zumba, story time at the library, and story time at a nature center, so we’ll have to see what we do.  

Fun new twist on the headband braid hair-do.  


No comments: