Saturday morning I had asked the RS for some help with the kids, so
the girls went to one house and the boys went to another. Doug and I went to Lowe’s, Home Depot, and
Best Buy. We needed to buy a
fridge. Our food was still in a cooler
outside. We had our big freezer in the
garage so that was good for our frozen stuff.
So we checked everything out and liked one at Best Buy. They couldn’t deliver it until next Tuesday,
but we were hoping to get one that day.
They said if Doug picked it up we could have it since they had one in
stock. So we ate a quick lunch at
Firehouse Subs (ooh it tasted so good – I think I was really hungry), then went
home. I picked up the kids and Doug went
to go get the fridge. We also picked up a big flat screen TV for the
movie room (that was kind of fun J
).
The rest of the day was a bit of a blur. I tried to be mom and get some unpacking
done. I was glad we had enough
left-overs to do dinner with. I helped
Doug a bit with the fridge. It was quite
a project just to get it in the door.
First he tried to take the front door off of the hinges, but they were
painted shut and wouldn’t budge. So then
he had to take the doors off of the fridge.
It was a bit tricky, but Doug figured it out. So by the end of the day we had a nice new
stainless steel French door refrigerator.
Doug hooked up the old TV in the media room earlier in the day so the
kids watched movies and played the wii. I
checked out the Kroger grocery store, it is only about 5 minutes away so that
is good. It is bigger than King Soopers,
but has a lot of the same Kroger brand stuff. There is a full baby section and a full toy
row (Legos and everything). I ran into a nice couple in the parking lot, the wife grew up in Mendon and they had met at USU (true
Aggies); pretty funny how it’s a small world.
Sunday morning was a scramble to find church clothes. We hadn’t unpacked all of the clothing boxes
and I hadn’t packed those things with me since I knew we would be in the house
by Sunday. We found everything except
Doug’s nice belts. He had to wear his
regular one with his suit – oh well.
The ward seems nice and there is a big primary. Now comes the task of finding friends for the
kids to play with and getting to know everyone.
Our Firestone ward must have been on the ball because they read in our
records that day – so we had our new ward on our LDS tools app. So it is good to know where people live and
have their info.
Playing with the packaging paper:
First big unpacking stash.
Second big pile.
Found some games that hadn't been played with in awhile.
Playing in the built in shelves.
No comments:
Post a Comment