Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Friday, January 13, 2012

Surprise! We're having Twins!

Yesterday we went to get my ultrasound. I was pretty nervous, just hoping for a girl, and trying to not be disappointed if it was a boy. So we sit down in the room, and she starts the ultra sound. The first thing that she says is: "Umm, did you guys know. . . there are two babies here, did you know you were having twins?" Doug and I were both totally shocked. I can't remember what we really said, probably the same as everyone else: are you serious? really? what? wow! We both were laughing on and off during the whole thing, just not believing how our lives could be totally changed in just one moment. I started crying with thoughts of "how am I going to do this," but I know that we were supposed to have these babies in our family.

Oh, they do look like twin girls, so I am very grateful to not being having 5 boys. The technician said that the babies are still pretty small and is not 100% certain, but we will have other ultrasounds and be able to hopefully confirm the sex then.

So yesterday was quite the emotional roller-coaster. I still am getting used to the idea. I know it is going to be so hard, but it will be fun to have two little girls too. I spent 3 hours on the phone calling people and enjoying all the reactions. The top 3 responses were: "Are you kidding?" "Are you serious?" "Wow!"

I'll appreciate all of the support of friends and family, even long distance. If anyone has any extra baby supplies that they're done with, we'll take just about anything.

Here are some of the the ultrasound pictures: they are still pretty small, only about 4 inches from head to bum.

two heads

4 comments:

daniellejackson said...

How exciting!!! I can't imagine what a shock that was! So happy for you! Good luck with everything!! :)

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

Seriously, I am so excited for you! I have a ton a baby girl things that I am going to be getting rid of. I will let you go through it first, if you want. Let me know! Congratulations!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I still can't believe it!! I am so happy for you. I only wished we lived closer so I could cuddle them more when they are born. I love baby girls?!

A Erickson said...

How fun! That is crazy and exciting! And what a way to get girls! You seriously need to more closer so our peeps can play!