Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Monday, November 5, 2012

Busy weekend 26 and 27

 So Doug's parents surprised us with a visit.  They called on Thursday and asked if they could come out the next day to see us.  We were excited to see them so I hurried to prepare what I could on Thursday and Friday morning so we could enjoy some time with them. 

Friday evening was our ward Chili dinner and Trunk or Treat.  I  had signed up for corn bread and Doug had signed me up for chili - so I brought both.  Doug's parents arrived in time to have some Chili with us and it was nice to have them help watch the girls while we went outside and did the Trunk or Treat thing. 
 Saturday was probably one of the busiest days I've had in a long time.  I had to get up at 6:00 about everyday to make sure I am ready to go by the time I feed the girls at 6:45.  (this is normal) Then we had french toast - which is easy and put the girls down for a nap and made our picnic lunches.  After we fed the girls around 9:30 we left to go to the Aquarium.  It was a lot of fun.  There were some amazing fishes and other creatures.  The kids loved it and even got in half price because they dressed up in their costumes.  Mike and Arlene were a great help to keep track of everybody - it gets kind of crazy with three boys and a big stroller in a crowd.


 This is one of those big fish (almost as big as Chris) that lets little fish clean its mouth, can you spot the little fish inside?


 We rode the Spooky Halloween train and even got to trick or treat along the way.

 So we had our picnic lunch and Arlene and I fed the girls while the boys and Doug went through the aquarium again - might as well get your money's worth.  Then it was off for home - this was about 2 pm.

Some things that needed to get done this weekend that I didn't get to earlier was give haircuts to the boys.  And Doug and I were invited to an adult Halloween party in the evening. So from 3-6 pm we managed to make sugar cookies and frost them for the party, give hair cuts to Damon, Tyler, and Chris, and make a pasta dinner with bread sticks.  Oh, and of course I am pumping and feeding the girls through this too.  So yeah, it was pretty crazy.  Arlene was great to help keep the dishes under control and finished baking the cookies for me. 

So around 6:30 Doug and I had some time to ourselves, ahhhh.  We went to the JBF consignment sale real quick and I got 3 shirts and a pair of pants for the girls for $3.50.  Then we went to the party.  I didn't have the energy to go all out for a costume this year so this is what we did:
 If you didn't get it - Doug is Facebook and I am the Like button lol!

The party was fun and all of the couples had great costumes, if we go again next year we'll have to step up our game.  We got home around 11pm we were tired.

Mike and Arlene stayed until Tuesday morning, it was nice to have some extra hands around to get things done.  Sunday was the Primary Program, so it was neat that they got to see the boys do their parts.  We had teryaki pulled pork which was easy and yummy. Monday was more of a normal day - we took them to see our library, a definite must see if you come and visit us. The boys were also excited to show grandma and grandpa that they could ride their bikes.  (they had done the same for my parents the week before).  I felt bad because I was pretty tired on Monday and being kind of a grump - good thing Doug came home early to help out.   It is great to have visitors, but maybe next time we will try and space them out.

 Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the fun visit.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yay, for blog updates! It was fun to read and see what you have been up to. I hope you get a nap:)