So the beginning of our California trip begins with two long days in the van. We left Sunday morning at 8:30 and didn't get to St. George until 7:30 PM (11 hours if you didn't figure that out). The kids did pretty well. We watched movies, played on the iPad/dad's phone/mom's phone, listened to stories, and napped. We of course had to stop for lunch and gas and dinner. The girls did ok, they had a harder time sleeping in these car seats. This was the first long trip with their older car seats. We had the one in the back facing front and the one behind me facing back. They would take turns in each seat. Monday morning we left around 8:30 again and were traveling for 7 hours. We pulling into the Solvang WorldMark the same time as Marcus and Richard.
Solvang is a cute touristy town that is made to look like Denmark. Monday evening we had our family home evening lesson and visited. Mom and dad gave the kids lots of fun games and toys as a mock birthday party for all the up coming celebrations.
Tuesday we girls went shopping in the morning around Solvang and had some great danishes and puff pastries. I could have eaten at least a dozen more - they were so good. I got a new sweatshirt, some hair clips, and a Christmas ornament. Soon I will insert some pictures of our outing - send me some please Tannie.
After lunch we went to the beach. The boys went on surfing with a groupon that Marcus arranged. I tried to put the girls down for a nap in the tent with pack 'n plays, but they didn't go for it. So they were kind of grumpy and we kept them happy by feeding them lots of Chicken in a Biscuit crackers. Jenna did not like the sand at all and Kaylee loved it - eating lots of sandy cheerios and seaweed.
We had a great day at the beach and had some yummy hamburgers from Richard and Tannie when we got back. We surprised my mom with a birthday celebration for her in the evening. We made a book from the grandkids, and had some other gifts too. I forgot my card at Shelly's in St. George - ugghh, but mom picked it up later. After the kids went to bed we watched the slide show movie that I made for mom. It was so frustrating that it didn't work in the DVD player or Doug's laptop. Finally got it to work on mom's laptop, sigh, oh well. We again visited late and enjoyed everyone's company.
1 comment:
I will send you some fun pictures soon. I'm so sorry I'm behind. That stomach flu did a number on me!! I've got to edit though and get going!! :)
Post a Comment