Chris discovered his main present, it was hidden under the computer desk. Doug had opened the box to assemble it and put on the stickers, but then it couldn't fit back in the box, so we were just going to hand it to him, well he found it himself. All the boys were excited for it - the Turtle Shell Raiser.
He got a remote control car from Grandma Datwyler (which didn't work, so we will have to find a different one, bummer), and some new Planes from Grandma Peteresen. He was excited for those as well. He also got some little Batman and Spider-man figures.
Chris was excited to eat his cake!
We went to McDonald's for dinner as a special treat. They have a playplace which everyone loved. The whole time I was there I was thinking how glad that we only eat inside about once a year (besides traveling). If we eat fast food, we usually just bring it home, much easier and cleaner.
Chris likes to snuggle and will ask: "Mom, will you rest with me?" Then we will lay on the couch or on the floor under a blanket and snuggle. I feel bad that I haven't been able to give Chris as much time as I have with Tyler and Damon, the girls take up a love of my day, but I try to play with Chris when I can. He is a good helper and is good to help me with the girls when we go to the store or when we are walking to school. He lets me know when Jenna or Kaylee is running away or getting into trouble.
Chris has had a hard time getting potty trained, which I believe it's our fault for starting too late, but anyway, we are going to work on that this next week and month - so wish us luck.
We are so grateful to have this fun boy in our family, one thing I want to remember is that when eating Chris will still ask for help - probably wanting to be the baby. Anyway, we taught him to say "oh Momma, I need some help," with a Southern accent. It's pretty funny to hear him say it.
We went to the Dr the week of Christmas, he weighs 38 lbs and I can't remember how tall he was, but he was around 65% for both height and weight. We went in early because of a Whooping Cough exposure in our Church's nursery. I don't think it got to passed to anyone else, but we put Chris on an antibiotic just to be safe.
We love you Chris, thanks for all the fun you bring to our family. Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment