Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year's at the museum

So we were going to go to the zoo for New Year's, but it decided to be very cold that day and snow a little bit - so we opted for going to the Museum of Nature and Science.  We hadn't been there yet, so it was fun to go see something new.  It was a very cool museum and bigger than I thought it would be.  First we went to a space area and they had some fun displays.  You could really spend some time there and learn a lot of things.

 They had a children's area that was very neat.  The girls were able to get out of the stroller and wander around and climb on things.  There was a pipe ramp that Damon and Tyler liked to move on the wall to control where the balls would go.  Chris liked the blocks, bone digging, and puzzles.  There was a story teller there as well.  If we lived closer I would take the kids to this place every week (we bought a membership since it was only $20 more than our normal entrance fee for our family).



 A very old tree:
 There were also animals on display and dinosaurs on the top floor.  The boys had fun on the escalators while the girls and I went in the elevators.

We will definitely come back and hopefully it won't be as busy- it was pretty crazy since it was a holiday.

As a side note, we were pretty boring on New Year's Eve.  We played Settler's of Catan with Damon for the first time.  He really liked the game - probably helped that he won.  (sent Damon to bed at 10:30) Doug did some things on the computer and I read a book (Ruins by Orson Scott Card, very good).  I turned on the TV at 11:59 and we watched the last 45 seconds of the ball dropping, kissed, then went to bed.  I had wanted to invited some friends over to play games, but it just didn't happen.  Maybe next year we will do something more lively.

No comments: