Not much going on, we did go to the zoo last Saturday, but we didn't take any new pictures. The highlight of this trip was seeing the hippo out of the water and walking around. We even got to see him mark his territory on the wall : / It was the first warm Saturday that we have had this winter so we just had a quick trip in the afternoon. We also got to watch the penguins get fed. The girls prefer to walk around now, but the stroller came in handy when we needed to get moving. They fussed about it, but oh well.
Let's see, Doug and I got to do sealings at the Denver Temple last Thursday, that was a nice trip with a stop at Cafe Rio on the way back. I hadn't been to the Denver Temple yet, so it was neat to see it.
Haven't taken many pictures in the last 2 weeks:
Damon made Jack Frost's cool stick from Rise of the Guardians out of Legos.
Jenna playing on the shelf.
Kaylee's turn to be cool:
I asked Tyler to read a story to Chris, he read The Three Little Pigs very well. The girls hopped up and grabbed a book of their own to look at.
Back in November Doug and I were able to see Ender's Game and the 2nd Hunger Games movie in the theaters. Well, that got Doug inspired to read the books. He read Ender's Game and has recently finished the complete series of the Hunger Games. Doug doesn't do much reading for fun, so I was glad that he wanted to read them. It made me smile to see him walking around the house with his nose in a book.
Just a few catch phrases and memories to remember:
What Chris says when he is full: "I have a yummy tummy ache."
Kaylee can say "Hi Jenna" now. Jenna will try and say it too.
They both try to say Kaylee but it doesn't sound very clear yet.
Walking to school Kaylee doesn't like to walk on the ice or snow much. She will wait at the edge and whine for me to take her hand or lift her across. On the other hand, Jenna walks on the edge on the sidewalk to purposely track through as much snow as possible. Funny girls.
Kaylee fell off our Lazy Boy recliner in her room and hit her nose good - as least that is what I guess. I heard her crying and thought that Jenna had just taken a toy from her. Jenna came downstairs and looked at me, so I went upstairs to help Kaylee. Her poor nose and mouth were covered in blood and there were some pretty good spots on the carpet and chair. She seemed fine once I got her all cleaned up. I'm probably glad I didn't see it happen.
1 comment:
That's a fun post - sometimes it's just good to catalog the stuff going on. :) Richard and I saw Ender's Game in the theater as well. We even took Beckett with us. :) I just HAD to see it since it's one of my favorite books. I thought they did a good job.
That's a sad story there at the end! I hate it when there is blood... I don't do so well.
Post a Comment