I had a busy week this week and I didn't take any pictures :(, but we did take some video clips.
Monday was a finish cleaning and laundry day. It's never fails to amaze me how much time laundry and cleaning takes. We also ran to Home Depot to get some supplies for a project I want to do - now I wonder if I should have just bought one, but oh well. Also a quick trip to the grocery store was needed for some essentials.
This week I took the girls and Chris to get their pictures taken at JCPenny. We did it in three trips. On Tuesday I took both girls and Chris. I had the girls in their new pajamas and had them bring their animals that they sleep with. I was hoping to get some cute relaxed type pictures. I didn't really do their hair, just wanted it to be natural. Well, Jenna got too tired from the drive over and wouldn't stop rubbing her eyes. Kaylee was good to sit still, but no smiles. It really was a bad time for them. Chris was good for his though. I don't have many professional pictures of Chris since we didn't live by a JCPenny's when he was little, so I was glad to get some of him.
Wednesday I took Kaylee to get her pictures taken, I chose her first since she slept in the longest. She did great. She had some big smiles and we got some fun shots. She was done by the end so we didn't get a good one with me - you think she would have been happy to sit in my lap, but no, she wanted to play.
Thursday was the first day of 'Sporting Around.' It was a little class that I signed Chris up for. In Vernal the boys went to Itty Bitty Ball and loved learning to play different sports. I was hoping this class would be like that, but it wasn't. They just did some kid exercises, played with a parachute, and did an obstacle course. Those are fun things, just not what I had hoped for. I felt bad for Chris, he really needed a friend. The other kids in the class had taken the previous sessions and were in day care together, so they were all very friendly with each other. Chris was kind of the lone man out. He cried and didn't participate very much. At the end he did do the obstacle course, but he said he didn't want to go back. I'm glad that we only have the class 2 more times. I think it is good for him, but he just didn't think it was very fun and it is hard when you don't know anyone.
Friday it was Jenna's turn for pictures. She had a hard time at first and didn't want to sit and kept running out of the picture place, but then she warmed up and we got a few smiles and fun shots. I was glad that it was mostly successful - I really didn't want to redo them. So I will post the pictures next week after I pick them up so they are a better quality than the preview ones online.
Saturday I went to a consultation for LASIK surgery. I have always wanted to get my eyes fixed and be done with contacts and glasses. Sadly after the tests and scans the Dr. said that my corneas are not thick enough for the normal surgery. (It's entirely genetic I guess, nothing to do with wearing contacts too long or anything) I could have a combination of two procedures done to fix my vision. One would insert a lens into my eye, in front of my current lens, and then do the PRK on the surface to fix my astigmatism. However those procedures are more money so the total would be close to $6500. There are other things that are more important than my eyes for that much money, so I guess I will get to keep wearing contacts, sigh. I was pretty bummed about it, but I guess that's just how it goes. I did some grocery shopping after that then worked on fixing dinner for the missionaries - we had Cafe Rio pulled pork salad/tacos.
I wanted to remember that Jenna and Kaylee know some colors now and some shapes. They are trying to walk up and down stairs without holding on to anything - which isn't good. Jenna learned this the hard way yesterday by falling all the way down the stairs. I was holding Kaylee in the front room and looked up and saw a blur of hair and shirt go tumbling all the way down. She seemed OK and didn't even really cry, more shocked I think. However when I did her hair this morning I found some blood crusted in her hair. (that's another hard thing with girls, their hair hides things too well). I rinsed her hair and found a small cut, she must have hit the edge of a banister. Hopefully she will be more careful on the stairs.
Kaylee has done a weird thing twice now. This past week we were walking home from school and she tripped while holding my hand. This caused her to pivot down and she fell and hit her head on the sidewalk. I didn't think she hit too hard, but she kind of went limp, and then she arched her back and her eyes kind of rolled back and she was struggling to breathe. It was like she was blacking out or something. Of course I was worried but I was more calm this time because she had done it before. Last time she fell off the couch when she was around 18 months or so. That time I thought she was dying - she didn't breathe for a second. and I sort of freaked out. Anyway, I really don't like it when this happens. I wonder if she is more sensitive to head injuries or something. I will talk to their Dr. about when we go in for their 2 year check up.
As a side note it is snowing right now, crazy. It was close to 80 degrees on Friday, such a nice day- we broke out the water guns and had a fun time in the sun. Now it looks like a blizzard with the lawn snow-covered and the wind blowing.
This week we will be working on Damon's Science Fair project and really start thinking about all the birthdays coming up!
No comments:
Post a Comment