Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Fun

Saturday was a happy day of Easter fun.  In the morning we still cleaned the house, but then we went to Toys R Us.  We let them pick out a toy to share and I picked a family game for an Easter present.  (the Hedbanz game)  The girls were very tired by the time we got home.  Kaylee was pretty upset, but she finally calmed down enough to eat and go to sleep.  We dyed eggs while the girls napped.  We also did some in the morning a new way.  When the eggs were still hot we put crayon shavings on them.  The wax melted and looked pretty cool. I swirled some around to try it that way.  Damon and Tyler got into the eggs more this year.  Tyler thought it was cool that you could make stripes and Damon had fun with the white crayon and different colored layers. 
 









When the girls woke up from naps we did our own Easter egg hunt in the back yard.  We haven't gone to an organized hunt for two years.  Too many kids to keep an eye on and timing of naps.  Maybe next year.  The girls caught on pretty well and had fun shaking the eggs.  Everyone ate all of their candy when we were done - it's a good thing I didn't give them very much. 







 Something new I did this year, I wrote a clue on a piece of paper then cut it up like a puzzle.  Then I put each piece in a green egg.  All the kids help find the green eggs then put the puzzle together to read the clue.  It said where their final present was.  It was a ladder-ball game for the family.  Everyone loved it and I think it will get a lot of use this year.  It's just the perfect size for our back yard.  I think I will do this type of hunt again next year.



Sunday morning we let the kids find their Easter baskets.  I try to keep the gifts and candy to a minimum and try to find a spiritual gift as well.  The dollar store helped us with hats, coloring books, water-guns, and bubble blowers.  I had found some things at Deseret Book to put in too.  Everyone found their baskets pretty well.  I had to do "hot and cold" with Tyler.  We hid Damon's too easily, he found it quickly.




 Yummy jelly beans!
 Off to church, this year it happened to be Stake Conference.  Of course the picture with the best smiles was the one with Chris' arm in the way, sigh.  We hopefully will decorate cookies this afternoon.

Happy Easter everyone.  We have watched a lot of the church videos about Easter and they are always so powerful.  I am so grateful for our Savior and all that He did in life.  I am grateful for the atonement and the reality of the resurrection.  He lives!

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Such a cute family C'Anne!

I'm laughing about the Easter hats you got for the girls - Claire and Dee got the same ones from mom. They love them. :)