Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Damon's busy week

 These past two weeks have been pretty busy for Damon.  We have been working on his Science Fair project.  His display was titled: Is Taste Affected by Sight and Smell?  Last week we had his class taste some fruits while smelling peppermint, plugging their noses, and breathing normally.  We also had them drink apple juice that was colored differently.  Then we made some graphs and put it on a poster.  Damon did a great job of analyzing the data and helping me count the results.  Friday was the awards ceremony and Damon won first place.  He was pretty excited about it.  (this was just the third grade, not required by all teachers, about 40 projects total).




Damon also had his third grade program this week.  They did a cute musical called "How Does Your Garden Grow?"  It had some fun original songs with a nice message: our children are our flowers and we need to take care of them to help them grow.  Damon sang well despite a few yawns that I saw.  We brought the whole family...Doug was great to watch from the back with the girls in the stroller.  They really didn't want to stay in the stroller up front where we were sitting, but Doug said they did ok in the back.
 Farmer Damon.  I have to put in a quick story about his bandanna.  I knew we had one around the house but I hadn't really started looking for it yet.  I had checked a few of the normal places but I hadn't found it yet.  On the day of the performance Chris asked to dress up like Buzz Lightyear.  Well when I was looking for the wings to go with the Buzz costume I found the bandanna that goes with the Woody costume.  It was a small thing but I was so glad that I had found it.  I know that Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and He helped me by having Chris want to dress up at Buzz so I could find that bandanna.
 Now we only have one month left of school, crazy.  Good job Damon on all your hard work!



No comments: