The girls seems to be growing up now. Their hair is getting so long. They can ask for just about anything now, though sometimes it takes some effort on our part to understand them. We still struggle at breakfast time, they usually get a little bit of cereal in the morning while Doug and I get ready for the day and they watch Curious George. But then they are not really hungry for breakfast when I am feeding the boys. Sometimes I have them wait and eat later, but a lot of times when I decide to do that I forget to feed them. Some of their favorite foods right now are: grapes, cheese, ham lunch meat, fruit loops, raisins, chocolate chips, mac and cheese, hot dogs, vanilla ice cream (they don't eat other flavors very well), corn on the cob, chicken, juice, and popsicles. They ask for popsicles whenever we get home from riding our bikes or running errands, it comes out as "sicle?"
| k/j |
The girls are full of energy. They still don't play with toys very much, but they are slowly getting better if Doug or I play with them. They like to play with the Perfection shape pieces or the pegs we have with our Chinese checkers game. Kaylee is starting to do pretend play with the Little People. I have seen her put people in the house and move them around a bit. They love the bouncy house downstairs and probably wish that I would let them bounce more. I like to supervise their bouncing so they only get to do it when I'm down there with them.
We have been playing outside in the water a lot and usually their girls take off their clothes at some point.
![]() |
| j/k |
| j/k |
They are starting to repeat prayers better now and it is funny how sometimes they take turns copying me. One will say the prayer for awhile, then the other one will take over.
This has been the girls' favorite game for the past few days. My mom got them this little pitcher and dish set and the girls love playing with it. It is definitely an outside toy until they figure out how to pour without over flowing.
Kaylee goes to sleep so well and naps well too. Jenna must just not need as much rest. She wakes up first (6:00-6:30), naps ok, but usually wakes up 1/2 - 1 hour before Kaylee. Jenna also has a hard time going to bed, usually needing me to comfort her multiple times before she falls asleep and then she will cry out in the night around 11:30 or so too. Hopefully she will grow out of this.
I love hearing their thoughts and what they have learned. They know many letters and numbers. They can count to 10. They know many shapes and colors too. They sing along to I am a Child of God and some of our more modern songs. They can run, jump, climb, swing, slide, feed themselves, put on their shoes, put on their pants, and they have starting using a cup.
They are getting so big and I love them so much. I am grateful they have each other for a friend. That is one blessing of having twins last, they won't be home alone.

1 comment:
What a fun update - they are so very cute!
Post a Comment