Monday was a free day at the Museum of Nature and Science. We have a membership, but my friend wanted to go so it was a good time to go for her. We knew it would be crowded so we left early to get there right as it opened. Unfortunately I found out that one of her kids got sick so she wasn't going to make it. I found this out when I was 10 minutes away from the museum, so we just went by ourselves. This marked a landmark for me, this was the first time I have gone anywhere big with all 5 kids by myself. (I've managed going to the store and the library) Also, this was the first time without a stroller for the girls. It turned out better than I expected. The girls wandered a lot, but Damon was a great help to keep them under control.
They had just added a new Kids Discovery Zone, it had a lot of fun things: a big water table.
A fish tank in a toddler area.A digital drawing board.
A gear table.
A lighted magnetic building table.
Dinosaurs and digging for bones.
We all had a fun time. The kids were tired after about 2 hours. We quickly saw the mummies and walked into the Space area, but then headed for the van. The parking lot was so crazy busy, I was glad we got there early and had a great parking spot. I gave the kids their lunch to eat in the van and we headed for home. The bad part about this trip was the traffic we ran into. I-25 was a stand still - I finally decided last minute to exit and find some side streets to head north on. I am grateful for Google Maps for some directional help. We passed the traffic area and then got back on the freeway - it was smooth sailing after that. I was glad that I had lunches for the kids and popcorn too; they finished watching a movie as well. I was glad that the girls stayed awake so they could take a good nap when we got home.
It was a fun but tiring morning, but a good way to start the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment