Saturday was Colorado Cares day. Our ward volunteered at a local community garden and also gathering food and making sack lunches for a homeless organization.

I did a big shopping trip to the grocery store on Saturday while Doug and the boys helped at the garden. I got a car cart for the girls - they did very well driving. Chris wanted to drive as well, and was very whinny for most of the time. I succumbed and bribed him with a doughnut and that helped. So I didn't have a huge list, but I ended up getting quite of few pantry stuff because of some good sales. Well, by the end of the store I couldn't fit one more thing in my cart. I was trying to stuff yogurt cartons in the cracks :). It was pretty funny. I ended up with two shopping carts once it was bagged, over $200 worth of food and we go through it so fast. I'm nervous for when my boys are teenagers. Yikes! It's amazing how tired I get just grocery shopping; pushing those big heavy carts, then unloading, then putting it all away, phew.
New hair-do
We go on lots of walks - keeps us sane and gets some energy out.
This summer we have participated in a group called S.O.S (summer of service) Every Tuesday they have a service project that is very family friendly. We were only able to participate twice this year, but I hope to be able to do more next year. This was the final activity: giving some treats and thank you notes to the fire department and then getting a tour.
We got to see the helicopter too.
No comments:
Post a Comment