The house is a mess, but we are slowly getting our house together. We ended up being glad that the movers didn't come until Thursday morning. Wednesday was crazy just getting things out of the van and truck. We ate dinner at a ward members house, then Doug took Eric, his brother who had driven the truck over, back to the airport so he could go home. I was going to camp out with the family, but Doug said I should go back and stay at the hospital one more time. I actually had to sleep on the couch in their "family" room because they had a lot of moms come in. But it was fine. Not much sleep, bed at 1:30, up at 5:30.
Thursday, I stayed with the girls until after lunch, then someone from the ward picked me up. 4-5 sisters from the ward came over in the morning and helped clean. The previous owners hadn't done anything. The kitchen cupboards were full of crumbs and the bathrooms were bad. I am so grateful for those sisters and my mom, we wouldn't have been able to unpack anything until it was clean. Another mom took the boys all day so the cleaning and unpacking was easier. They had a great time and are already making friends, I just wish I could be getting to know the moms as well. Doug and I go over to the hospital in the evening for their 9:00 feeding. It takes about 1-1 1/2 hours then 25 minutes to drive home.
Friday was similar to Thursday. Some ladies came and helped for awhile while I was still home. The boys played at a neighbors. I went to the hospital from 11-5. Ward members have also been bringing over dinner, which has been so nice. We unpack a bit more then Doug and I go over again to visit the girls in the evening. We stopped by Walmart on the way home and bought a few things for Tyler's birthday. It will be a simple birthday this year, but we will try to make it fun.
Saturday was pretty busy. My mom and I went to the hospital at 8:30, getting lost leaving our neighborhood. I guess I hadn't paid close enough attention on all my trips. Anyway, we made it and mom finally got to see the girls. She has been getting over a cold, so we are being cautious with her visits. The boys haven't seen them yet, Chris and Tyler have coughs. At 10:30 mom and I went to a consignment sale at the local fairgrounds. (Emily, you would have loved it). It was like the yard sale of all yard sales, or like the DI specialized for kids with nicer things. We could have spent all day there, but we managed to finds lots of fun things in just two hours. I got another saucer play thing for the girls for $10, and a nicer changing table too. There were tons of clothes and toys, we picked out a few. I still haven't really looked at what I have so I didn't buy too much. I did find some really cute shoes, even the Robeez brand for pretty cheap, and some small bows too.
We made it back home and had some lunch. I wanted to go furniture shopping with Doug, but we realized that we needed to finish unpacking first to make room for it all. So Doug and I went back into town, he dropped me off with the girls and went and got the oil changed in the car, then came back to have some time with them. They like the sound of his deep voice and perk up when they hear it. This way we wouldn't need to go back in later in the evening. I fell asleep on the way home and had a nice power nap in our driveway.
We tackled half of the kitchen in the evening. I was feeling pretty tired from all of the errands, but we managed to clear off all of the table and counters, so at least the kitchen was somewhat functional. We still haven't found the silverware so we are using plastic, but the plates and cups are there. We are cooking dinner today and we haven't found the pots and pans yet either, so we are using the crockpot and having baked potatoes. It wouldn't be so bad except the movers boxed everything, so we really don't know what is in each box.
So then we got things ready for Tyler's birthday, mom was great and made Tyler's cake. I was just too tired. We put out some presents, wrapping some in the paper the moving company used to wrap fragile items. He was still excited to open them this morning. He got a Star Wars Lego set and Nerf gun from us, along with a movie and some clothes. My mom gave him a Finn McMissile Lego set, some Play Doh, clothes, and a puzzle. Damon and Tyler each built a Lego set and Chris played with the Play Doh this morning and had lots of fun.
I am now at the hospital again, taking it easy while the rest go to church. The girls are doing very well. They are taking more from a bottle each day, needing their tube feedings less, they just put in whatever they didn't finish on their own. They are still gaining weight gradually, some days they stay the same, Jenna has dropped once, but still doing well over all. I can't remember if I mentioned their ultrasounds on their hearts, but they turned out fine. They have a valve that isn't fully grown yet, but will in the next few weeks. They are still on oxygen, but that is ok and could go home on that if they needed to. Now they just need to keep growing and learn how to eat on their own. They have tried to nurse occasionally, and they are slowing progressing with that as well.
Thanks again for all your prayers and support. The computer got hooked up yesterday, so I am hoping to put some pictures on our blog later today.
Happy Mother's Day to all,
Keeping the boys busy while unpacking:
opening the nerf gun, very exciting
Kaylee on the left, Jenna on the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment