Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Twins Update 5/6 4 days old

Here are some more updates if you are interested. 

I was officially discharged on Saturday, but the hospital will let me stay in a room as long they don't need it.  This is great so that I won't have to stay with someone in Firestone and have to deal with trying to get to the girls each day.  I am sore and tired, but I am so grateful that I have this time to really heal and not have to deal with the boys and everything.  Doug is in Vernal now, packing and getting ready for the movers.  

I have sort of gotten into a routine with the girls today.  I pump then go down to the NICU and help with their feeding, changing diapers and stuff.  It takes about about 45 minutes for each, so I'm usually there for two hours, then I have a 45 minute break back in my room then we do it all over again.  I like holding the girls, but the room is so warm in there I am usually falling asleep towards the end and getting all sweaty.  We gave them a bit a milk in a bottle this last feeding.  They did pretty well.  They forget to breathe when they are sucking, so you have to stop and take the bottle out.  Jenna spit up some of hers, but did well, probably eating around 12 mL, Kaylee ate 3mL from the bottle then got the rest from her feeding tube.  They are digesting better, having very little left in their tummies from the previous feeding. 

Jenna got taken off of the Billi-lights today, her jaundice is getting better. (she only had to be under them for one day). Kaylee is still borderline.  They will test her again tomorrow to see if she needs them.  (she didn't)

I got a complimentary massage today, part of the post delivery treatment here, it was very nice.  I even squeezed in a power nap before lunch and the next feeding.  They still provide my meals since I am nursing.  We really have been so blessed that I can be here so easily to help with the girls. 

Things are going well, we will just keep hoping that the girls stay headed in the right direction.  Thanks for the family fast and prayers, they are helping I am sure. 

I am getting excited to see the boys and my mom, and to move into our house.  Then we will be able to send lots more pictures.  They all look about the same right now anyway, bundled up with tubes in their noses. 

Thanks again for everything

C'Anne



 Jenna is wearing the hat.

No comments: