It's hard to believe that the girls are 2 weeks old. They have done so well. Here is what has been happening Monday through Thursday:
We have sort of gotten into a routine this week. I unpack in the
morning, leave for the hospital around 11, stay for two feedings, and
leave the hospital around 4:30-5:00pm. Mom has been good to have dinner
ready for us and the boys, thanks mom. Then we unpack some more, and then Doug and I go back to the girls from 8:15-10:45. It's crazy, but it works pretty
well. Today I went to the hospital early so I can pick up a few things
and help with dinner.
The girls are doing great, the nurses are
all surprised with how well they are doing. I am sure it is because of
all the prayers in their behalf. Jenna will be coming home this
weekend. Kaylee still has a feeding tube, so she will have to get
eating better before she can leave. (Jenna's tube came out on Monday). She actually nurses better than
Jenna, but still not getting a full feeding in. Jenna inhales her
bottles now, so she is doing great. Just an FYI, they are eating about
35-40 mL a feeding, which is about 1/8 of a cup. (1 oz). Crazy how
little they still are. Jenna is weighing 4 lbs 12 oz and Kaylee is 4
lbs 6 oz. gaining About 1/2 lb since birth. I helped give the girls another
bath on Tuesday. Their hair gets all cute and fluffy like Chris's was.
They took out Kaylee's oxygen tube 2 hours ago, we will she how she
does with out it. Jenna is still on oxygen. (Kaylee only lasted 45 min. with out it.)
Damon has been going
to school and I think has made some friends. I wish I was there to see
the kids and moms more. One class mate leaves right behind us, and
partially shares our back fence. I hope he is a good boy and could be a
good friend. Tyler and Chris have fun with Grandma, she is so good
with them. I think they are all missing us with our busy schedule. It
will be nice when we don't have to go to the hospital as much.
Thanks again for everything, it's about time for their feeding again, so gotta go.
C'Anne
Doug has been crazy busy with work and getting the house together. He is amazing, I couldn't do this without him. We went furniture shopping last night. We may actually get some new stuff and have our house look respectable. Nice to not always have yard sale couches.
(Later: Jenna took 50 mL while nursing today, that was great, she didn't have to have a bottle at all after, yeah!) - they weigh them before and after so we know how much they are eating.
2 comments:
First a congratulations and second, wow you look GREAT!! I can't believe you just had twins, Amazing. Sure are sweet tiny little ones. I love the hair as well. So sweet.
I love all the pictures!! They are so sweet! I'm sad I won't see them until August. You look beautiful.
Post a Comment