Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Twins Update 5/8 6 days old

Morning everyone,

Well, the IV's came out last night, which is so nice to have one less cord hooked to them.  But they both got put on oxygen, so we gained another cord.  I am glad for the oxygen though. They were just having so many times when the alarm would sound and you had to try and get their blood oxygen levels up.  So now we don't have those anxious moments.  They really are fine, just needing a bit of help to keep everything normal.  They are eating about 1 oz at every feeding now, which is about 6 times what they started with.  Kaylee is up to her birth weight now and I think Jenna is close, I haven't heard what she weighed last.  They both had ultrasounds on their hearts yesterday.  They both have a small murmur and they wanted to check it out.  It is a normal preemie condition where a flap isn't closing properly, but it should fix itself in a couple of weeks. 

I stay busy with all the feedings, it was almost too much yesterday, feeling a bit overwhelmed.  But the nurses here have been great and they helped me feel better.  It also helps if I'm not hungry or tired. 

Doug says the house is all boxed up.  They will load up the moving truck today.  We found out yesterday that they still might not deliver our stuff until Thursday.  Doug is going to talk to them.  I don't see what the problem is, I know they will have it all loaded by this afternoon, why can't they just drive out on Wednesday.  Anyway we may have an empty house for a day, but oh well.

The ward has set up lots of help for us with unpacking, watching the boys, and meals.  I am so grateful for the church and the support that it gives.  Some of the men in the ward came over and gave the girls a blessing too. 

Life goes on, one day at a time.  We will all be together tomorrow, yeah!  Thanks for all you help and support.

C'Anne

I got to give them a bath on the 9th, they were 1 week old.  Kaylee's pictures are first, in the pink outfit.  I love their fluffy hair. 










 I got lucky with this shot of Kaylee, love those baby smiles.

No comments: