Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lemonade stand

I didn't take a picture but I helped the boys with a lemonade stand on Monday afternoon.  We had made cookies that morning so we took some cookies and lemonade to our nearby park and Damon and Tyler waved to people as they drove by.  They sold the drinks and cookies for 50 cents each.  A couple of people stopped in their cars and some people walked over.  I was actually surprised that they did pretty well.  We figured that they made about $8.  Then right at the end a young man about 19 or so came by on a bike and bought a cookie and then handed them a bunch of money and said keep the change.  He gave them $31!!  The boys gave $10 away to their friends that were helping them at the stand (I was talking to their mom - we both couldn't believe what had happened).  Anyway, so the boys got $21 from this young man - I guess he probably did a few lemonade stands in his youth and is just paying it forward.  The boys of course were pretty excited.  Of course they want to do it again - maybe sometime this week :)

No comments: