Saturday was full of fun things. It started early, I woke Damon and Tyler up at 5:40 and we went to the neighboring city for their balloon festival. There were over 20 hot air balloons going up and we got to walk right between them and watch.
It was amazing how fast they went up and floated away. I wasn't even that windy, which was good.
They had some booths set up and had these raptors on display, Golden Eagle and Red-tailed Hawk.
They had the last balloon drop some parachutes down with a Chic-Fil-A cow stuffed animal on it. Tyler got one and I caught another - we gave that one to a friend. Tyler was pretty excited to get one.
After that we did breakfast and started cleaning. I got ready for the day and then went to a baptism for some girls in my class. I went with my co-teacher Natalie and we went to Wal-mart afterwards. I got home around 12:30 and quickly put the food away and ate lunch and then went over to a friends to practice a musical number that we performed yesterday in church.
Then I did some stuff around the house and on the computer, then at 4:15 I left to go on a GNO. A friend that moved away came back to visit and we put together a evening of fun for her. We went to a nice restaurant (Hacienda) and I enjoyed my tacos. Then we went to Madcap Theatre which is an improv place and it was so much fun. I laughed and laughed. Doug and I will definitely be going back to that. (as a side note, their toliet paper was incredibly soft and what is so funny is that they even had a sign in the bathroom pointing it out and saying that they only provide the best for their guests :) ) After the show we went to Cold Stone for ice cream. We talked and laughed and enjoyed each other's company. There are a lot of great women in our ward and I was so glad that I was able to go out and enjoy a night with them. Thanks ladies and it was so good to see you Amy.
It was a long day but very fun. I was tired the next day and was a bit grumpy at Jenna for waking up at 5:50. Then Kaylee woke me up during my attempt at a nap in the afternoon, guess they tag teamed it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment