Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Utah trip part 3

Thursday morning we packed up and went to Providence to Doug's parents house.  They have been working more on their new house.  We hadn't seen the movie room completed and also saw the progress on the landscaping.  Their back yard goes into a ravine and they are planning on making some terraces and paths to access the creek more easily.  Doug was put to work hauling branches and sticks out of the ravine, there is still a lot of work to do.  

Here are some pictures at the house, everyone found something to do: 





 Thursday afternoon I went over to Doug's sister to get my hair cut.  I usually have an appointment every time we visit.  She does the best with my hair.  I got highlights this time as well and it looks great, at least in my opinion.  :)  We had a nice dinner and got everyone settled.  All the boys have beds in one room and the girls were in a separate room in their pack 'n plays.

Friday morning I scheduled a play date with my high school friends.  It was great to see everyone and catch up on each other's lives and kids.  It's hard to visit with young ones climbing around.  I kept missing half of conversations because I would have to go help Jenna or Kaylee.  We went to Ryan's Place in River Heights, it is a fun park that I haven't been to very much.


 Mandy, Alisha, Audrey, Me, Taryn - I realize how lucky we were to grow up together.  Great friends!
 After naps we drove to Mantua to the Box Elder campground.  The girls loved running around and got plenty dirty.  The mosquitoes were out in force so we sprayed quickly.  (We discovered the next day that the girls had a bunch of mosquito bites on their faces - I didn't spray there so I guess it was my fault.) We played around for awhile then had hot dogs and hamburgers with smores of course.

 The girls were in a hugging mood and I got a couple of cute shots.


Doug trimmed up his beard for his family just for fun.  He shaved it off for work two days later. 

Boys + fire = fun
 Kaylee in the tent.
 Chris and Emily
 After dinner I drove back to Providence with the girls, Chris, and Doug's mom.  We didn't want to deal with 2 pack 'n plays and the rest of us in one tent.  Also, I don't think it would have been quiet enough for them to sleep at their normal bedtime and I don't think the rest of the family wanted to be woken up at 6:15 when they normally get up.  So we had a good night's sleep and drove back up in the morning.  We got there just in time for breakfast, perfect timing.  Doug, Damon, and Tyler slept pretty well, the boys said they were a little bit cold.
 We packed up and went to grandma's house and the cousins played for a bit.  The Wii was set up and they had fun playing Mario Kart.
The rest of the reunion was at Doug's sister's house in College Ward.  She rented a water slide bouncy thing for the day, it was a lot of fun.  I went down multiple times :)  


 We also ate lunch, shot off water bottle rockets, took turns driving a go-kart, played with water balloons, and had a great time with our family.  The girls napped well after lunch, it was nice not having to worry about them for all of the activities.
Thanks Wendy for setting everything up, it was a great reunion!

Sunday morning we packed up and left around 8:45.  Jenna fell asleep in Logan canyon and then didn't nap the rest of the way - she was pretty grumpy by the end.  She screamed the last 30 minutes of the trip.  We stopped once for lunch then a quick stop for gas.  The kids were good to stay put for the long drive.  We had a head wind again - we had one on the way to Utah as well.  And it was rainy; that slowed us down a bit.  It was really scary passing some of the semi trucks, you couldn't see at all.  But we made it home around 5:15 and quickly made dinner (pizza) and then unpacked everything.  It was a great trip, but I was tired by the end and ready to go home.  

No comments: