We left for Utah at 8:30 in the morning on Sunday June 1. We made good time stopping twice and arriving in Smithfield at 4:30 (8 hour drive). The very first thing that happened, before I had even left the van, was that Kaylee tripped and scraped up her knees. They were bleeding pretty good, not the best start of a vacation. Both of the girls tripped repeatedly on mom's driveway while we were there - we figured running in sandals on the bumpy asphalt was not a good idea. They did better in their shoes.
The funny thing about this trip was that the kids discovered some 'old technology'. They found this old race car toy that the screen scrolls as you move the car back and forth to dodge obstacles. Then you wind it up and do it again.
They also found the old move projector thing that shows a Bugs Bunny cartoon as your turn the handle. They played with these a lot and thought they were pretty cool.
The girls played 'ring around the rosies.'
Monday morning we went for a walk up the canyon by mom's house. Jenna wanted to be held a lot, but it was a good walk. We made it to a stream crossing and everyone threw in some rocks.
Mom and I went shopping in the afternoon. It was great to spend some time with her and I don't get to go shopping without kids very often. I found two cute shirts and two shorts. We also found some treasures at the D.I.
Tuesday morning we went to Willow Park and we saw a Police Officer there on a segway. The kids thought that was cool and he gave them some bracelets.
The new thing this trip was feeding the reindeer. We also fed the ducks and the girls liked the tortoise.Everyone went up the big slide, even the girls.
After the park we stopped at the BSA real quick to get Damon his Wolf things, then we drove to a splash park in North Logan. I didn't put the girls in their swimsuits because I didn't think they would want to get wet, but they did. This is my cute new outfit:
In the afternoon Doug and I got to spend some time together. We went up on campus at USU and walked around. So many things have changed. We went the art museum there and listened to these wooden shoes play us a song. I have to say I was expecting a little bit more, it would have been cooler if it was a song we recognized.
Of course we had to end with some Aggie ice cream. I walked around the Food Science building where I had most of my final classes and had fun remembering my school days. Thanks for the great date Doug.
We had grilled chicken for dinner and the boys roasted marshmallows on the grill afterwards.
After we put the kids to bed Doug and I went and saw Divergent at the movies. It started at 9:30 so we didn't get out until midnight, but it was fun to see a movie together. It was a good show, but violent. There were some young boys there and I don't think it was appropriate for them.
I don't think we could have fit much more fun in in two days. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment