Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Other stuff

Other stuff that happened this week, but I didn't take many pictures.

I did a lot of laundry on Monday and cleaned the inside of the fridge and vacuumed out the van.  It was really dirty from our trip.  Busy day!

On Tuesday our library had a magician come and the boys really enjoyed that.   I knew it would be crowded so we went early and the boys got to be front and center.  I was a little bit annoyed that the librarians asked me to take my stroller out - I wanted to keep the girls contained.  They had asked other moms to take their strollers out to have enough room for everyone, but I had my stroller in the front and to the side where no one was sitting and it wasn't blocking the way and you know, I have twins. It's kind of hard to keep track of two 2 year olds.  Anyway, I held them on my lap for all of 2 minutes and the rest of the time I'm telling them to sit down and not play with the blinds.  I survived by feeding them rice size bits of gum (the only thing I had in the van) and a few apples from our picnic lunch.  It was getting harder at the end and I was tired of chasing them, but it was worth it.  The magician was really good.  He entertained the kids very well and I just loved the look of wonder and awe on the boy's faces as he did his tricks.

Wednesday we helped return a lost dog to a neighbor who was watching it for a friend, kind of a funny story.  The girls had fun petting it and feeding it though.  Tyler had an orthodontist appointment in the afternoon.  I drove him to Brighton (30 min drive) and then Doug met me there to stay for the appointment and I took the rest of the kids home.  I felt bad that all the kids just basically had an hour car drive, but what do you do.  Tyler will have to have some work done fairly soon.  He has an under bite so they are going to try and have his jaw grow a certain way to fix it while he is young.

Thursday and Friday was Day Camp for Damon with Cub Scouts.  He had a lot of fun.  I was able to help Friday morning.  They needed more help with the Webelos group so I actually didn't get to be with Damon, but at least I got to see what he was doing.  They did a good job with the different activities.  Damon was able to have his friend from school come on Friday so that was fun for him.  His favorite activity was shooting the BB gun.

Saturday was normal cleaning then we talked about doing stuff in the back yard.  Doug went and looked at different plants and strawberries.  We were going to go get them and plant, but then it rained.  So I guess that will be on our list to do this week.  Our garden is doing well and there are a few blossoms on our tomato and pea plants.

Today was good, Doug is pretty easy going so I don't feel too pressured on Father's Day.  I made him oatmeal and he opened his few gifts this morning.  I got him a Wii Golf game (found at the DI during our Logan trip) and an alarm clock that you turn off by shooting at it with a gun.  The boys all loved this.  It actually had a game mode as well, so they all took turns shooting the target.  (it's just a sensor, no projectiles).  The bad deal was that of course it was made in China or Hong Kong so the buttons were all a bit faulty and it was really hard to get it to go into game mode.  The buttons wouldn't work consistently.  Oh well, Doug was a good sport about it and had a good laugh when he opened it.  I am so grateful for Doug and the great father he is to our children.  I am also thankful for my dad and for everything he taught me and for the good example he is to our whole family.  Love you both!



As a side note, the girls have discovered side walk chalk and enjoy coloring the whole deck.  I don't mind, we just have to make sure they don't get chalk all over when they come in the house.  Kaylee is saying 'cheese' and Jenna is screaming 'no!"
Then Jenna decided to smile for me ;)



1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

I finally caught up on reading your blog. :) It sounds like you have been SO BUSY this summer already, but it looks fun.

Your Utah trip looked great - the Petersen reunion sounded very fun.