Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Gingerbread

I was feeling kind of worn out and I wasn't sure if we would get to the gingerbread house this year, but on Monday afternoon I made the dough and we threw an idea together.  We did a Lord of the Rings theme this year.  We had planned on making the 'one ring' and that was pretty easy.  Then as we were rolling out the rest of the dough I thought it would be fun to make a hobbit house.  So we kind of just estimated on the walls and I think it turned out great.  Damon did all the candy decorating on Bag End.  Jenna and Kaylee loved playing with a bit of dough and ate a lot of it. (So excited to roll out things on my new counter - no more tile for me:)  ) 
 We decorated on Tuesday.  Some of the Reynolds came over as well with graham crackers and candy so Tyler and Chris made their own little houses.

Tyler made a tower from the Mines of Moria - with Gandalf defeating the blue cave troll.
 Chris made a small hobbit home for Merry and Pippin.
 Bag End
 The One Ring to Rule Them All!
 And Damon made a fun sign out of Legos.

No comments: