Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Thursday, May 7, 2015

3 years old!

Jenna and Kaylee are now 3 years old!! It's crazy to think that we have had them that long.  It definitely is getting easier the older they get.  They are so much fun and they were so cute with their presents and their birthday party.  

 Of course they wanted to open their presents right away, but we made them wait until after breakfast.  It was nice that it was a Saturday, so no real rush.
 They both loved this Curious George 'jack-in-the-box.'  Grandma Petersen has one similar and they love playing with it, so I thought they would like it.


I found a deal on some Anna and Elsa dresses and even got some matching doll ones.  It is a company in Utah that tries to make modest, comfortable, affordable and washable dress-ups.
 The stuffed unicorns were a big hit.  Now we have to keep track of another animal to sleep with, sigh. :)


This is Jenna with her Elsa ice powers:


 I got them some dolls and things to go with - let's hope they play with them.

We waited to put this together until the night before.  I didn't realize it was going to be so involved.  Way to go Doug for staying up late to get it done.  
 Cut new birthday outfits!
 We had a tea party with some friends.  They each got a hat and little tote bag with goodies as party favors.  I have to say it was kind of fun getting ready for this party.  Girls are just fun.





 Damon helped decorate:
 We played with dress-ups and danced.
And blew bubbles. 

 With a cupcake at the end:

They were very excited about the new balance bike so now they both can ride.  We do have to take turns with who gets the new red one, but they are pretty good about it.  Jenna can go pretty fast now and can coast for a bit.  Kaylee hasn't practiced as much, but she is also getting good.  We have ridden to Chris's preschool a couple of times now.  I just wish there were sidewalks the whole way.  I get tired of telling them to stay to the side.  



 Two cute birthday girls: I love them so much!
We were tired of cake from the leftovers from scouts, so I made big sugar cookies.




The first butterfly came out of its chrysalis on their birthday so that was a fun present too. 


2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh that tea party looks so fun! What a great idea. I love the giant sugar cookies - they look beautiful. Your girls are so adorable C'Anne!! Dee has the exact same Elsa dress - it's perfect! She loves it, it's easy to get in and out of, it washes great, and it's modest. WIN, WIN, WIN!!

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

I can't believe the girls are three! Happy birthday girls! I love the sugar cookie idea! You are so creative!

The wall looks terrific! Way to go!