Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Weekly report

Other things that happened this week:

We went to the library on Monday and then we went to Toys 'r Us  to let the girls pick out a toy from the money that Grandma Petersen sent.  I was pretty patient until the very end.  I let them look all over the store and try out different things.  But trying to decide was a bit tricky.  In the end Jenna chose a vacuum and Kaylee chose a pretend learning phone.  We did some grocery shopping on the way home as well.  It was a long day of errands and we were all tired.  I think we got home so late that I didn't even have the girls take a nap but they did ok without.




Damon had scouts on Tuesday, Wednesday I had book group.  We talked about These is My Words.  I almost had finished reading it again.  I read it years ago, but I needed a refresher read.  It is such a cute book.  Thursday Chris did a cute little Mother's Day program at preschool.  They sang us a couple of songs and we had a little luncheon that they helped prepare.  They made us cute 'mom' necklaces too.  Chris's preschool teacher is amazing, the best we have had.  I wish she would be available to teach my girls in two years.   I also had my presidency meeting in the evening - so two nights of trying to get the kids to bed quickly so I can leave by 8:00 and then getting home late 10:00+.

Friday I watched my friends two girls in the morning.  One is 6 months old and I am reminding of how much I don't miss the baby stage.  I am very grateful to have my kids all be 3 years and older.

Saturday was  crazy busy.  I got up and got ready quickly and went grocery shopping.  I hadn't done any pantry shopping for awhile so it was a bigger trip.  I always fill my cart to the max and end up having to have 2 carts to make it to the van.  It took me about 3 hours to get there, shop, unload, and put everything away - tiring.  Then Doug ran some errands to look at twin beds for the girls.  While he was gone I took the kids to our community pool.  This was our first time going and we had a fun time.  There weren't many people there.  I bought puddle jumpers for Chris and the girls and 3 kick boards.  Kaylee was a bit clingy and didn't like it as much.  The water was a bit chilly but it was warm enough to not be freezing.



Tyler had a quick break then went to his soccer game with Doug.  Damon went too because they went to look at bikes afterwards.  I worked in the kitchen all while Doug was gone making lasagna and cleaning up - so I wouldn't have to cook today, for Mother's Day :).

They got home around 5 and we had dinner and got the kids ready to go.  The YW put on another fund raiser to babysit.  They have fun activities for them to do and let them watch movies too. (Damon was a marshmallow man as we left). We went to a Thai restaurant with two other couples from the ward.  It was great to sit, eat, and talk without having to find a baby sitter.  We got back home around 9 so bedtime was a bit late.  The boys slept in but Jenna still joined us at 6:00 - not a very nice Mother's Day present.  She did stay with us in bed until about 6;45 so I guess that is sleeping in a bit.

Later in the evening on Saturday our beds were delivered so now we have two twin beds to put together for the girls.  I'm excited to use their cute quilts again - they have been sleeping on crib mattress on the floor and the twin quilts were too big for that.

 Random shot:  Damon playing with the girls' new cupcake game.  It's kind of fun to make different cupcake combinations.

No comments: