Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Swimming lessons

We started swimming lessons this week.  We were scheduled for Mon/Tues/Wed but Wednesday was cancel due to rain - that's the downside of having lessons in an outdoor pool.  But I can't complain since the pool is 1/2 mile away in a friend's backyard.  A senior from the ward is teaching.  He is on the swim team and has competed nationally.  He is really good with the boys and they try to do everything he ask them to - with a good attitude.  Wow, I wish that would happen for me :).

The boys have already improved a lot even with just two lessons.  I'm excited to be swimming a lot this year and to have the boys learn how.

The first lesson Doug was home and I just drove the boys back and forth from home so they didn't have to hang around the whole time (they are each getting 1/2 hour private lessons).  The second lesson everyone came.  It was a bit cloudy and cool so I didn't put the girls in their swimsuits (I had thought about just hanging out with them in the hot tub during the lessons).  But by the end of all three lessons the girls were basically drenched.  They had found a watering can and were carefully filling it up at the edge and watering the grass.  Then it progressed to wading at the edge, then Kaylee tripped and got her front all wet.  I let her wear Chris's shirt but she got that wet too.  Oh well, they were having fun.  The boys were a bit cold for their lessons, but they did well.  We will hope for better weather this next week.



No comments: