
I got to have two fun nights this weekend. Friday night I went on a GNO to the Cheesecake Factory. It is always fun to chat and eat yummy food. Our reservations was pretty late so I ate dinner at home and just ordered some cheesecake. I got a turtle pecan brownie flavor. It was good. I think next time though I will go with a simple strawberry or cherry topping. The flavors were all good, but I didn't like the texture of the caramel and chocolate topping, too stiff and processed feeling. I know they are supposed to have amazing cheesecakes, and they do, but I have to say I almost like my better.
So as we were chatting the movie Mazerunner came up and a couple of us said how we wanted to go. Then someone said, let's go tonight. So we looked up the closest theater and there was a showing at 10:20. We finally got our checks and paid for our meals then headed to our cars. We got there pretty quick, but it was 10:35, but the ticket guy said there was still 5 minutes of previews left. So we found some seats, watched two previews and then enjoyed the show. There were 4 of us that went, the other 4 at the restaurant needed to get home.

The show was intense and a bit scary. I felt bad for my friend because she didn't know what to expect and probably wouldn't have come if she had known. I had read the book, so I wasn't scared, but I did jump at the jumpy parts.
It was fun to do something spontaneous and I was grateful that Doug was home with the kids so I could go. I was so wound up from the movie that even though I was in bed by 1:30, I didn't fall asleep until 2:00am.
Then Saturday was busy, it was probably a good thing too, I didn't have time to feel tired. We cleaned, helped Doug drop off his work vehicle, cut Doug's hair, went grocery shopping, made a lasagna and bread sticks, and then got ready for our date. I had been trying to get this date together for a long time, and frankly I was very sick of dealing with date changes and trying to get everyone together. There were just some many ward and other things going on that it made our date options very limited. We were working around Stake Conference (adult session), Father's and Sons campout, Homecoming, Homecoming game, a friend's Halloween party, the ward trunk or treat, and Doug's schedule. So that's why we went yesterday. I was grateful that 3 other couples were able to come with us.
We went to MadCap Theatre. I went for a GNO in the spring and had wanted to take Doug. It is a great improv place that keeps things 'above the belt' as they put it. They did some great skits and the one main guy was so good. We laughed and laughed.

Afterwards we stopped by Cold Stone Creamery and had some ice cream. When Doug and I go out we usually are by ourselves ,so it was great to get out with some other couples and do something fun. We got to bed around 12:00 and I am feeling my tiredness hitting me. :) But it was worth it.

I feel bad that I didn't take any pictures, so you get company logos :)
1 comment:
SO very fun! That sounds like a busy and amazing weekend. Sign me up for that...
Post a Comment