Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pre-Halloween Fun

One of our neighbors always does a Halloween dress up party.  It's been pretty fun to come up with costumes.  This year we decided to go as mimes.  The costumes were easy, but the make-up took a little while.  We bought Doug's costume as a set, and I just pieced mine together from different stores.  The bum deal was that Amazon somehow sent my order twice, so we got two mime sets, two berets, and two red scarfs.  The store I bought the mime costume from would refund our money and the cost of shipping.  The other two stores wouldn't pay for the shipping, so since they were both around $5, it made more sense to keep them.  The girls can both have a beret and scarf to play with. 

 The party was fun, we just visited and ate some munchies.  I made deviled eggs, but the recipe must have been wrong because they were soooo salty.  I googled how to fix it and was able to make it a bit better, but they were still pretty bad.  I sighed and said oh well.  They still got eaten, but I bet everyone thought - "whoa!" as they ate them.

The other side note to our party was that our baby sitter called in sick about 1 hour before it was time to go.  So her dad (our home teacher) said he could come over and just work on his laptop while we were gone.  The party started late, so the kids were all in bed except for Damon.  The dad actually finished playing the game of Settler's that Damon and Tyler had started - kind of funny.  It was really nice of him to do that for us so we could still go.
 This was the first time I had tried fake eyelashes, they were pretty fun.  They sparkled at the end.
 Our ward had our Trunk or Treat last night.  I barely finished getting all of the costumes done in time.  And here's the line up:

Thing one and Thing two.  The girls didn't wear their hats long, but at least they let me take their picture.  The leg things didn't last either.
 We decided last Saturday to do the Skylander theme.
 Chris is Swarm (a cool wasp) This was a white suit that I spray painted gold, then painted black.
 with wings.
 Tyler is Wash-buckler (he is a pirate octopus thing) - bath robe with trim and stuffed leggings with wire.
 Damon is Crusher - a rock giant guy.
 Family shot at the church.


2 comments:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

You are so creative! I just told the girls to find something in the box downstairs...lame oh!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Very fun!!! I love the mime costumes - great idea.