It wasn't too bad without Doug this week, but we did miss him. Monday I was still tired from all the fun we had over the weekend and it was a rough day, mostly because I was grumpy. I went to bed at 8:45 - and I never go to bed that early. I was asleep before Tyler or Damon.
Fall is here and the colors are beautiful. This is one of the entrances to our subdivision. Since the trees were all planned the color scheme is really striking. I love driving down the streets admiring the different colors.
Tuesday was Scouts, Wednesday I helped in Tyler's class in the morning and I had parent teacher conferences and Damon had Pack Meeting in the evening. He got a ride and I took all the kids to the school. They did pretty well while I visited. Thursday I went to a farewell party for my friend Janae. She is moving to Arkansas in about a month. Friday we went to the zoo with my friend Natalie. I figured we needed to use our pass all at least one more time before we leave. We had a good time and we actually walked the whole zoo - everyone was tired of walking.
We played in the sand and on the rocks for a bit in the morning waiting for the Tropcial building to open up. It's our favorite with the fish, snakes, and komodo dragons. It was a little chilly in the morning, but felt perfect later. We still had to deal with school field trips, I didn't think there would be any in the fall.
These are the boys, minus the other one year old, so 7 boys.
Then just Jenna and Kaylee.
Yesterday was Doug's birthday, we called and sang to him and I had the hotel deliver a slice of apple pie to him in the evening. It was a surprise and Doug turned them away since he hadn't ordered it, but they eventually got it worked out and he got his pie :).
The boys and I went costume hunting yesterday. We had originally planned on Tyler wearing his karate gee, and Chris being Spider-Man, and we were still thinking about Damon. Then we had the idea to have everyone be a Sklander character. So we went to the Good Will store in Longmont. I hadn't been there before and I think we were blessed. We found lots of things that worked for our costumes and it was the half off day, so it was only $15 for three costumes and accessories. We also went to Walmart to get a couple of more things for Tyler's costume. Again we were blessed. We needed some blue tights - impossible to find right. We were going to buy some white ones when I saw through the shelves something blue. On the other side, hidden from the front, were some blue leggings. They were perfect. I was so thankful that we were able to find the pieces that we needed to make our costumes. I spray painted some stuff in the afternoon and we are still making some things, but everything should look pretty good, so stay tuned for Halloween. :)
As a funny side note, I knew our errands were going to take awhile and I didn't have time to pack a lunch, and I didn't want to eat out since we had ordered pizza the day before. So I threw some bread, peanut butter, honey, grapes and chips in a bag with our water bottles and I made sandwiches in the Ross parking lot and we ate in the van. It actually worked out pretty well and everyone was in a much better mood before going into Walmart.
No comments:
Post a Comment