Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Book Club

Well, I didn't get a chance to blog last week, so I have a bit of catch up to do.

September 25th was book group.  We had it at our house this month.  We discussed the book Elantris by Brandon Sanderson.  It is one of my favorite fantasy books.  We really only talked about the book for a bit, but mostly visited - which is what I love about my friends here, we can talk forever.  We had a good turn out and had 9 people there including myself.  (Janae, Alayna, Tami, Ashley, Keisha, Sarah, Aubrey, Natalie and myself)

In the book Elantris it is about a city that was glistening white and magical and then turns cursed and dirty - so I made white and brown treats to go along with that theme.  It was a lot of fun.  I usually don't make so much, but it was kind of a farewell party for one of our friends.  She is moving to Arkansas and this was her last book group. :(

I made some new things from pinterent, some lemon truffles and pumpkin truffles.  I liked the lemon ones a bit better.  The pumpkin ones had crushed gingersnaps in them and they were a bit over powering for me.  I had some cauliflower and jicama with dip, some popcorn, and some mini pies.  The brown was mini brownies and a muddy buddy mix that had toffee in it.  

 The pies turned out great.  I was afraid the edges would cave in or they would break but they were very tasty.  I did a key lime and a banana cream.  The cream I piped to look like the towers in the city of Elantris.  I was having fun :)
 I wanted to make something for Janae since she was leaving and I came up with this fun idea that I threw together.  I had some magnets and some of these gems and I got online and made a name collage, and voila and cute magnet so we can remember everyone (I had enough stuff to make one for everybody).  If you were wondering the website was tagxedo.com.  It was really easy and you could choose from a gazillion colors choices and chose different shapes for your name cloud.
We stayed up until midnight talking and eating.  I love my friends here in Firestone!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm so glad you've found a good group of friends!