I think I can officially announce on our blog that we are moving. We have known for a month and a half, but it took that long for the official offer to be written and signed. Sigh, I just love the slow process of paperwork. So we will be moving to Houston, Texas. Hot, hot, hot!
Here's a synopsis: On Labor Day weekend Doug was approached at work and told that there was a new team being formed in Houston and that they would like him to join. He will be representing the Northwest region of Halliburton (Canada and the Rockies area) and helping them get the supplies that they need. So Doug came home from work and told me the news and I was very surprised and honestly not very happy. I have loved living here and have made so many great friends. But now I have gotten used to the idea and have had some fun looking at new houses. I am hoping for a bigger kitchen and some more space for the kids to play (inside and out).
Doug took a trip to Houston about two weeks ago to check things out and he finished up here in the Brighton office last Friday the 10th. He worked in Houston this past week and has had some time to drive around and look at neighborhoods and he went to a few open houses yesterday. I think it's funny that he started work on Monday the 13th, but he didn't really even have the job until the 15th.
So we are in the separation and limbo stage right now. Not my favorite time. I am tired from having the kids all the time and then staying up late talking to Doug and looking at houses. But things are going ok. I had a GNO last week (too bad I had to pay for a babysitter, but it was worth it).
Doug will be back this Wednesday evening - just in time for my book group, a neighborhood Halloween party, and the ward Trunk or Treat. I don't know what he'll do the following week. He may go back to Houston, or I think he would like to go to the Denver office and get some training from some of the people there.
Halliburton will move us, which is nice. The down side is that we have to do everything through the re-locator person. Doug filled out the form on Wednesday, but of course everything is slow. We have to wait for the paper work for them to give us a realtor to put our house on the market, and we wait for them to give Doug a realtor to help him look there. Sigh, it's just such a slow process. Originally we were hoping to be moved by Halloween, now I hope it's before Thanksgiving.
So it's time to go on an adventure and make some new friends. I am grateful for the church network system. I have already talked to one Bishop's wife and I need to talk to some more. Grateful that I have an instant family wherever I go.
2 comments:
Congratulations on your new adventure! We wish you the best.
Congratulations on the new change! My inlaws are on their mission in Houston right now (the East mission!). I hope the move goes smoothe as butter! Just think, you won't be pregnant with twins this time! I'll keep you in my prayers! <3
Post a Comment