Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Damon's 10th Birthday

It was fun celebrating Damon's birthday in the morning with Grandma and Grandpa Datwyler.  Damon requested crepes, or as we call them...roll-up pancakes.  After breakfast Damon opened his presents. 




 He received some new scouting things for Webelos, Minecraft for the computer, a Spiderman bike toy, a little Minecraft figure, some clothes, and his new bike.  Grandma and Grandpa Datwyler helped with the bike and also gave Damon some Minecraft books.  Grandma and Grandpa Petersen sent a card with money that Damon was very anxious to spend on a new Lego set, Hobbit Wii game, or a Transformer figure.



 We went to Tyler's baptism in the afternoon and then had spaghetti for dinner - Damon's favorite.  The cheesecake was enjoyed by most - the girls decided they didn't like it.  Oh well, more for the rest of us. :)  My aunt Carolyn and uncle Jim came up for the baptism and even spent the night with us.  It was great to see them and visit.  My mom was excited since she doesn't get to see her sister much since she lives in Austin.
 Happy Birthday Damon.  We love you!  You are such a wonderful example to your siblings and are so good to help when I ask.  You are smart and a great leader.  You excel at school and your teachers say you are a joy to have in class.  I love your goofiness and laughter; I love to tickle you to hear it!  I love having an older child to play games with.  Damon enjoys playing Bonanza, Settler's of Catan, Cities and Knights, Chess, Checkers, and asks us to play frequently.  He still loves his Legos and creates something new everyday.  I think this is the first birthday or Christmas that he did not receive a Lego set from us.
 Doug was good to capture some fun faces of the kiddos and me :)





No comments: