Then each student was spot-lighted and they received an award and graduation certificate. This is what was said about Chris:
Chris – Encyclopedia award. Chris started school during our dinosaur unit and he knew more about dinosaurs than I did! There were times that I was asked questions that I deferred to Chris. Throughout the next few months, I would hear things like, “Do you want me to tell you something really cool about spiders?” He has a lot of information stored in his brain. Because he has so much knowledge, he constantly had facts to share during our theme time each day. He quickly became good at raising his hand, but it was a “you-need-to-call-on-me-now” kind of raised hand. Chris started on book 1 of the red books in March and passed off a reading book every single day perfectly. He’s an excellent reader, has excellent thinking skills in math, and picked up all the other concepts we’ve covered very quickly. (Miss Haley told me that sometimes it was a chore or boring to read with some of the kids, but she said it was never that way with Chris - I was amazed at how quickly he picked it up.)
Friend Carter
Miss Haley Call
Chris still gets upset easily so we will be working on that for getting ready for Kindergarten, but I think he is ready and he is excited to go to school with his brothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment