Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tyler's Baptism

After we let Damon open his birthday presents we let Tyler open his baptism presents.  He got a new set of scriptures, new church outfit, and a personalized towel from us.  He also received a scripture case, marker, and bookmark from Grandma and Grandpa Datwyler.  



We had sloppy-joes for lunch then got ready to go.  Tyler's baptism was at 1:30.  This was the announcement I made for him:
We had a nice program with another girl from the ward, Hailey Ashton.  We had some of their friends from their church class come and sing "I Like to Look for Rainbows."  Damon and other siblings sang too.  My mom and I sang a musical number while they were changing.  We didn't have time to practice much and I had practiced singing the harmony part.  But of course I got nervous and couldn't find my note, so I just joined my mom on the melody.  

 We were grateful that Grandma and Grandpa Datwyler could come to support Tyler.  Doug's parents wanted to come, but health reasons kept them away.  My Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Jim also drove from Austin to join us.  That was so nice of them.


 One of things we will always remember about Tyler's baptism will be the font.  We were told to fill the font 90 minutes beforehand.  We just barely got a baptism coordinator in the ward, so she went up around 12:00 and started the water.  Well, we found out later that it takes 4 hours to fill this font.  I guess the water pressure is really low or something.  So when it was time to start the program the water was barely 1 foot deep.  We did all the talks first and had the grandfathers bear their testimonies while we let the water keep going.  When they did go down it was barely up to Doug's knees.  Tyler had to lay all the way down to go under.  He had to try twice to make it.  The first time his forehead didn't even go under.  The second time his suit kind of billowed up, but the witnesses said he was ok.  It was kind of crazy, but the ordinance was the important thing.  Kind of wish we had known that bit of valuable information beforehand, but now we know for the next one.


 We are so proud of Tyler and his decision.  He is a good boy and wants to do what is right.  He can forget that sometimes, but as soon as he remembers he quickly changes his actions.  He is so good to play with his sisters and to help when asked.  Congratulations Tyler, we love you!

No comments: