Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Tropical Storm Bill

So this was our first storm experience with a threat of a hurricane in Tropical Storm Bill.  There was a lot of hype. The shelves were empty of water and bread - and we had emails from the Elder's Quorum telling us what to do in different scenarios.  The biggest thing we were worried about was flooding and extended power outage.  But I wasn't too concerned about the flooding because we were told we were on the 500 year flood plain.  But I didn't like the idea of being without power for more than a day or two.

So I went and filled the van up with gas on Monday - the storm was supposed to hit land on Monday evening.  We had our big barrel of water in the garage, but we filled up our bath tub just to be safe.  Anyway, to make a long story short, the storm didn't turn out to be as big as it was anticipated.  It slowed down a lot and really just produced a lot of rain (tropical storm was the official severity).  And some areas might have flooded, but we were fine.  We had lots less rain than the big storm we had 3 weeks ago.  Bill was a wimp.

I downloaded an app to watch the radar and it was cool to see the spinning storm and see where it was going.  It did rain pretty hard at times, but never for very long.

Tyler had an orthodontist appointment scheduled for Tuesday afternoon - right when the storm was coming in.  I thought we might need to reschedule, but it was just raining and the roads weren't bad.  So I guess we wait and see what the next storm brings.

Speaking of the orthodontist, there is an arcade area at the office we go to.   Jenna figured out how to reach the pedal and steer at the same time.  It kept my kids occupied while Tyler went in to get looked at.  His teeth are moving well, top front teeth are now in front of the bottom, and we will go in again in 9 weeks.

No comments: