Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Frozen Cake

I decorated this Frozen cake last week.  These cakes always take a few days.  Monday I made the fondant, Wednesday I cut out the snowflakes so they could harden and I made the buttercream frosting.  Friday morning I baked the cake and in the evening I covered the layers with the fondant.  Then Saturday morning I put on the snowflakes and final touches.  I assembled it at the birthday party because moving a double layer on a cake plate is not a good idea. :)  The thing I learned from this cake is that decorating with humidity is not very fun.  The fondant never dried out completely and it was much softer and stickier to work with.  I might have to go back to my other recipe.  But it was a fun cake to do and the snowflakes were super cute.  


2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That turned out beautifully! What a talented sister-in-law I have! Now if only you lived close to me and could make cool cakes for my kids. :)

chanel said...

That cake is AMAZING!! I got caught up on your blog and you're doing so amazing!! Im glad you like it there, even with the tropical storms! Man you know how to have FUN and enjoy life! You inspire me!! Thanks!! Miss ya!