Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Friday, June 19, 2015

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa #2

Tuesday it was great to have the extra help to go to Damon's awards assembly.  Grandpa stayed at home with Chris and the girls so grandma and I could go to the assembly.  They made it more like a graduation celebration.  They marched in with music and everything.  Everyone got a medal and certificate for graduating the 4th grade :)  I guess they make it a big deal since this is the last year of elementary school here.  Damon was recognized for being on the 'A' Honor Roll as well.  I am glad that I could go, and I was extra glad that I didn't have to wrestle any kids while we were there.  


After that we loaded up lunch and went to the library.  We got a few books then jumped on the trolley for a ride.  It does a big loop that takes about 20 minutes.  It was a pretty warm day so we decided to go to a park on the way home to eat our lunch.  There was more shade there than around the library. 




Tuesday afternoon was pretty normal, I picked the boys up from school.  We had chicken alfredo for dinner.  Then Doug and I drove downtown to go to a magic show. We got down there a bit early so we went and got a smoothie first.  Which might not have been the best idea since we couldn't take them in with us.  We ate them pretty fast.  The show was pretty cool. They did some amazing things.  They had a big screen so you could see the close up stuff, but I also had some binoculars that I used most of the time.  My favorite was a young man from Korea and he could do the most amazing things with cards.  It was all choreographed very well with graceful music.  He could make cards appear from no where, he even had his sleeves pulled back.  It was crazy.  By the end of his act he had at least 5 packs of cards worth at his feet - where they all came from I have no idea.  

My mom and dad were great to stay with the kids and give us a date night.  

Wednesday morning after taking the boys to school I took my parents to a car rental place.  They rented a car for two days so they could drive to Austin to visit my mom's sister and see some of the sights over there.  They had a good time visiting and going to the capitol.  They also saw the bats come out at night.  I guess they made a bridge a certain way that the bats like and they made their homes there.

Since we were already out and about I took Chris and the girls to the mall to play at their indoor play area and then we went to the Woodland's Children's Museum.  I like that it is smaller - I can keep track of everyone a lot easier.  




 Giant Light-Bright board.
 Wednesday evening I hosted book group.  So I spent the afternoon cleaning and getting things ready.  We talked about the book Eat Cake.  I think I have hosted this book in all the book groups I've been a part of.  It's not the most thought provoking book, but I like the story and the recipes.  I made the lemon cake again like I did in Firestone.  We had a pretty good turn out - 8 ladies I think.  And we had some good discussions.  This book group is more serious about the books than my previous ones, so I felt bad that this book wasn't as powerful as some of the past ones.  But oh well, the cake was good!


No comments: