Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hall of Fame and Birthday Dinner

At Broadway Elementary the kids earn stars by having good behavior or other reasons.  If you earn 10 stars by the end of the quarter you get to walk in the Hall of Fame.  They get a T-shirt and they walk the halls.  All the kids sit along the sides and give them high-fives.  The parents come and make a pathway through the cafeteria.  Damon walked first and got to hold up the sign.  It was a good thing they walked around twice because I wasn't ready the first time around.  Tyler earned it too.

 Tyler didn't look at me very much, he was having way too much fun slapping hands.

 Jenna sat down to join the high-fiving fun.

Then all the kids went up on the stage to let us all clap for them.  :)


 So this was Friday May 29.  It was a busy day for me getting ready for Damon's birthday and Tyler's baptism and for my parents coming to visit.  I did laundry, cleaned the house, made cookies (which I took to Damon's class during his lunch - that is when moms can bring something in to celebrate their child's birthday) This was also the day that my Zaycon chicken came in.  Not the best timing.  My friend helped me out and watched my kiddos in the late morning so I could cut up all the chicken and get it in the freezer.

We had friends over in the afternoon and as soon as they left we put everything on hold for a minute and took Damon out to dinner.  Damon loves Chinese food so that is what he picked.  We just went to the closest place and it was pretty good.  Damon got some honey chicken, I picked a shrimp walnut dish that was really good, but a little too sweet.  I can't remember what Doug had - something with cashews in it. :)  It was a nice time to spend with Damon.  We didn't stay long so we could get home and get everyone to bed.

I cleaned the floor and got Damon's birthday stuff all ready.  I was glad I had wrapped the presents ahead of time and that Damon was ok with having a cheese cake instead of a decorated one.  It saved me a lot of time and stress.  It was a very long day - I think I went to bed close to midnight, which is just about when Doug left to go pick up my parents from the airport.  That was the only flight they could get that let mom finish school and get here in time for Tyler's baptism.  I woke up to say a quick hi before we all went to bed.

No comments: