Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Friday, June 19, 2015

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa #3

Thursday was the last day of school.  I had my neighbor come over for a bit while the girls were sleeping so I could go to Damon's 'clap out.'  They have all the 4th graders run though the hall as the other students and parents clap.  I checked Tyler out early and we waited for Damon.  We missed him the first time and then I went to go look in the office in case he thought we were leaving early and so then I missed him again when he went around again.  He saw Tyler though - so I guess that was good.  
Tyler had two teachers: Mrs. Shepherd and Mrs. Gour
Damon had Mrs. Gratland
Last day of school - they actually look happy about that. ;)

Doug picked up my parents from the car rental place and they got home just in time for us to eat quick and go to the temple.  Again it was nice of my parents to let us get out and not have to pay for a baby-sitter, thanks mom and dad!  I tried to lighten the dark selfie but it still looks bad. :(

Friday Doug took the day off of work and we all went south to go to the Space Center.  It was a bit of a drive, about an hour.  Doug and I both had to drive so that we could fit everyone.  We ended up going different ways due to traffic.  Thank goodness for Google maps and my mom was a good navigator.  There were some high stress moments, but we made it.  

There were lots of cool things at the Space Center.  We were able to go on both tram rides and we watched two of the movies.  Kaylee fell asleep during the second one which was good because she was being a grump.  She was much happier after that.  

Get ready for launch! 
 This is a Saturn V, the biggest rocket that they have ever made - it was big!
 This was the training facility where the astronauts practice and do their flight simulations.
 Tram rides:

 This is the famous, actual Mission Control - just like on Apollo 13.  It was pretty cool. They still use the same building today, just on the floor below this one with newer computers and equipment.


We touched an actual moon rock - only our family...ever, because we're cool like that. ;)

 The Space Shuttle era:

 It was a fun day, we stayed until 4:30 or so and made it home okay.  There was traffic of course, but we got through it.  Doug picked up hamburgers on the way home so that was an easy dinner.

Saturday morning we managed to all get on a bike for a bike ride.  We borrowed one for my mom, and dad has left one of his with us since Vernal.  We went on the Spring Creek Trail which is a nice paved path and so beautiful.  It winds through the tall trees so it is shaded a lot any time of day. It was warm, but not unbearable.  We rode to the park at the end and played for a bit, then rode back.


 Grandma brought suckers :)
 When we got back from the bike ride we got ready to go to the pool.  It was good weather and everyone had a fun time.  It's always nice to have extra help at the pool.  Jenna and Kaylee are good with their puddle-jumpers or their floatie rings but I still have to keep an eye on them.  It is so nice that the boys can swim pretty well now.  I don't worry as much but I am glad that Damon and Tyler can touch all the way around the pool.



It was a busy Saturday, after the pool Tyler and Doug loaded up for soccer.  Tyler had his last two games and it was so hot and muggy.  Mom, Damon, and I went up later to watch the second game.  Dad stayed home with Chris and the girls which was so nice.  Tyler played well, they ended up winning the first game 1-0 and losing the second 0-1 but they all played really hard.  Tyler was just dripping with sweat - we all were.  


 The parents formed a tunnel at the end for the players to run through.
 Tyler got a medal along with everyone else - actually two, one for being a great player and one for finishing the season.  We're not fans of "everyone gets medals" but what do you do.
 Damon and Tyler went home with Doug so mom and I rode home together.  It was nice to chat and be in an air conditioned vehicle.  We drove into some of the nicer neighborhoods near us to drop off some things for Stake Trek - the stake was borrowing our cooler, shade and water barrel.  We had my version of Cafe Rio for dinner.

Sunday was pretty normal - church and it was fast Sunday.  We had bow-tie pasta with chicken for dinner, but I set the timer on the bread machine wrong so it was done an hour too late - it drives Doug crazy that I always have to think so hard on how to time that thing.  Oh well, we all had a piece for dessert.  We all just relaxed a bit in the evening and played some games.  My parents taught us Snip, Snap, Snorum and Michigan.  Later in the evening I played Rummy with them.  My dad really likes card games, we played them a lot growing up.

Monday we cleaned in the morning.  I went grocery shopping to get some last minute things for Scout Camp.  I love that my mom got a shot of Kaylee vacuuming with her toy vacuum - being such a good helper. :)


Then at 10:00 Doug took my parents back to the airport.  :(  It was a great week+, we did a lot of fun things.  I'm so glad that they were able to come and support Tyler with his baptism and that they were able to stay long so we could visit.  Thanks again mom and dad for coming!  

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

My goodness, you did SO MANY fun things when mom and dad were there! Sounds amazing. :)