Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, May 18, 2014

End of the Week

 So on Wednesday I had a rough day.  I was tired and the morning was not going well.  It was one of the times where I was just tired of being a mom of small children.  I was tired of cleaning up messes, stepping on crumbs, tripping over toys etc.  Anyway, I looked over at Kaylee and found this work of art on her arm.  She had actually done this before, but this day it just pushed me over the edge.  I broke down and starting crying and felt terrible for awhile.  I think the day got better, but it was a long day.  
Most days the girls are a lot of fun, they love their daddy and all of the fun things he does with them.

 Damon and Tyler earned Pride Eagle Awards for this last trimester of school.  It is for having good behavior and being a good student.  Good job boys!
 Damon and Kaylee.
On Friday I got to go to the Cheesecake Factory with some friends (13 of us).  It was fun to visit and eat some yummy food.  I had never been before and didn't realize it was such a fancy place.  I wasn't even sure if we were eating dinner - I thought maybe it was just a dessert place.  Anyway I wasn't too hungry so I thought I would just have something light: a bowl of soup - then I decided on some sweet potato fries because I just like them.  Well the side order of fries was plenty big, then my soup arrived it was like a lake.  I had to take a picture.  When they boxed them up it looked like I hadn't taken a single bite. 
Of course I had to have some cheesecake, this was a chocolate raspberry truffle flavor, very good, but would have been better with some raspberry sauce. 

Great to get out, the evening was a bit long for me.  This restaurant is in Boulder, so that's 40 minutes driving both ways and then because our group was so big it took forever to get our food and deal with paying.  

Saturday we did our normal cleaning in the morning, but then we went for a bike ride to the park.  It's great that we all can ride and that the girls like the trailer. 
The girls love to be outside, so when we got back from the park they wanted to get on their trikes.  Then we walked around the block later as well.  It's nice when we can be outside to let everyone get their energy out. 

2 comments:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

Good job on the hair! It looks great! Usually the first time I try something, I end up taking it out and doing it a different way. Sorry about your hard day! I hate those days! Here's to hoping for a better week!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Awww, hard mom days are the best, right? I worked so hard to sweep and mop my floor on Saturday (and since we have hardwood from the kitchen all the way through the great room, it's a lot)... then the kids crumbed ALL over it for dinner, tracked mud in the house, and then I spilled Beckett's green beans all over the floor. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I'm glad you got to go out with friends. I need a girls' night... it's been a while.