Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Monday, May 5, 2014

Jenna and Kaylee turn 2!

Wow, Jenna and Kaylee turned 2 on Friday May 2nd!  Doug was gone on his bike trip so we celebrated mostly on Sunday when he was home.  But I had to put out something on their actual birthday.  We got a play kitchen from a neighbor friend and the girls were pretty excited about it.  


Then I gave the girls a bath and then let them watch Frozen while I did their hair.  This is their zoned out look in their birthday outfits.

We went to the park and invited some friends.  The girls had a good time and were full of energy.  I had a hard time getting them together to take their pictures.
Kaylee

Jenna
They love going down slides now and run up to go down again.
This park had a trio slide that is pretty bumpy and curvy, but the girls would laugh and say "again!" as they zoomed off the slide.
Kaylee / Jenna

So here is their set up for Sunday morning.  I had a friend over Saturday night (we watched Austenland together - so much fun!) and she helped me put their new clothes in bags.  She did a much better job than I would have done.
The girls weren't too excited for their chairs or presents, but it was pretty early - 6:30ish.  Damon and Tyler helped open the presents since they still don't quite get it.
They did like their new phones the best.  We have two old ones but the buttons don't work anymore.
They got a shape sorter cube thing.
New dresses for church.
Jenna absolutely refused to have her hair done, so she went to church with it down.
They mostly got clothes with a few other things: Cinderella and The Little Mermaid movies with some figures from the movies, phones, shape thing, and a Cinderella and Rapunzel doll that can change dresses. Then the chairs and kitchen pictured below.  I don't really have the right connections to get hand-me-downs for the girls so I get to buy most of their clothes.  It's a lot of fun but I feel like I have to get so many clothes just so they have enough for one week.  I was able to find some things at the Darling Doubles sale that was last month, so that was good.

They liked the chairs better in the afternoon and had fun rocking in them.
Since the girls love Frozen so much it was fun to do a Frozen-themed cake.  It was pretty easy to do and nice that I could do some of it the day before.  The ice is just broken hard candy.  I made it an ice cream cake which was a first for me and I think it turned out great.  The figures arrived the day before, so that was a little too close.  I was getting a little bit nervous. It was crazy hard to find them.  They were all sold out in stores and going for ridiculous prices on eBay ($20-$50).  One of the days I was looking I found this set on eBay for $12 with free shipping and it was a Buy it Now so I didn't have to deal with an auction.  It was perfect!





The birthday cake tradition went a little bit better this year, no burned fingers or throwing up.  We let the boys blow out the candles - these girls have got to learn! The girls liked the ice cream, but didn't eat much of the cake.  We invited a family over to help celebrate.  They have 5 boys and 1 girl, ages ranging from 5-17.  Their boys just love the girls and they love them back.  Their younger boys see them everyday when we go to pick up Damon and Tyler from school and they are always holding Jenna and Kaylee's hands or picking them up and playing with them.  It was nice weather so we all played outside and had an enjoyable evening.



Happy Birthday Jenna and Kaylee - you are the cutest girls I know!  I can't believe you're 2! 

3 comments:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

Happy Birthday Jenna and Kaylee! They are such cute girls! I can't believe it has been 2 years! Looks like they had a great birthday!

Ashley said...

Um you are amazing that you're up to date on your blog! WOW I'm impressed! And that cake turned out incredible! And I LOVED watching the movie with you!!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Your cake skills always impress me C'Anne. :) I might be a pretty good cook, but I'm certainly not a fancy one like you. It looks like a wonderful birthday for your girlies!! Good job mom. :)